Chapter 22

Okay so I apologize for not updating sooner. I've been extremely busy with school and I had total writers block this chapter. But no worries, I have a few ideas for the next couple of chapters so I'll update a bit faster than just a month. Oh and please leave some comments. I don't want ghost readers. Maybe if you comment and vote, I'll update twice a day if you're lucky. :)

Anyway, here we go.

---

Romans POV

---

I've been with Kelsey everywhere and honestly, I'm a little scared. Devon is back.. The same Devon that abused and raped Kelsey. My Kelsey, my best friend. She doesn't remember anything from that night and I needed to get my act together before she finds out. But there's only one problem with that; I can't break another promise. I needed to tell her that Devon was at the bar. I need to.

---

Kelsey's POV

---

I sat next to Roman and he's been acting real fidgety and shaky every time I talked to him. I wonder what's wrong with him.

"Roman, are you alright? You've been acting weird around me. And now all of a sudden you wanna be with me wherever I go? What's wrong?"

Roman sighed and he grabbed my hands, holding them with his. However, he stayed silent.

"Roman?"

No reply.

"You're starting to scare me Ro, please talk to me." I could feel my eyes start to water and I mentally slapped myself. I was so emotional and I hated it.

"Listen Kelsey," he coughed and took his hands away for a minute to stroke his beard and he placed them back, "there's no easy way to say this." I stared at him, urging him to go on. "Devon's back."

My heart stopped and my whole body froze, "w-what?" Roman nodded. "What do you mean he's back? How do you know? Did you see him?"

"No, but you did. I got you out of there before he did something bad."

Then I remembered.

--------------

*Flashback*

--------------

Roman stood there, shocked. He probably couldn't process that in his brain. I could barely process it either, I mean, Devon is back. The same Devon that hurt me so much.. Physically and mentally. I needed to get out of here.

"Stay here. Don't move. I'm gonna go get my cousins and the others. I'll be back in a minute." He let go of my hand and looked at me with sorrow-filled eyes, "please be careful."

I nodded and he hesitantly let go, leaving me alone by the bar. After a few seconds, I started to get sweaty and nervous. Even in my drunken state, I could see Devon slowly making his way towards me. Devon approached me and leaned forward, but before he could grab my hand, I felt a pair of hands tugging at my waist.

"Leave her alone you sick fuck." Roman growled and I cringed at the tone of his voice.

Devon's eyes darted towards Roman and his face immediately clenched up, "oh I know who you are, you're her little fuck buddy, am I right?" Roman's hand gripped tighter on my waist.

"Get away from her."

Devon straightened himself up and took a step closer. Out of protection, Roman stepped in front of me and pushed me behind him.

"And what are you gonna do about it?"

I tugged on my best friends arm, not wanting him to start a fight while I'm in this state. I know what Devon's capable of and I'm not letting him hurt Roman too.