Sleeping On The Couch

Bethany and Cody sat down. Cody wasn't sure what to say. Bethany obviously wasn't the person he wanted to be with, and he could tell Bethany wasn't that excited to be coupled with him.

"Thanks for picking me." Cody said.

Bethany smiled, "no problem."

There was an awkward silence. Cody could feel a pair of eyes watching him, he turned over and saw Noel. He was sitting with Talia but it seemed like his attention was on Cody. Then Cody got an idea...he should make Noel jealous!

Cody reached out for Bethany's hand. "I'm excited for us to be together." Cody said.

Bethany removed her hand in disgust. "Sorry Cody, but that's a big step in a relationship and you just crossed a big boundary." Bethany said, disgustedly.

Cody was confused. Why was Bethany here if she wasn't gonna hold hands? He looked back at Noel, who was judging the two of them curiously. Then Talia started talking again and he focused on her.

Bethany sighed and got up. "Cody, you're sleeping on the couch tonight. Good night." Bethany told him.

Cody was a little annoyed that he didn't get a bed, but also a little excited. Noel had mentioned swimming in the pool early in the morning. Cody couldn't wait to see Noel swim and to graph with him without anyone there. Maybe the couch wasn't a bad place to sleep after all?

***

Cody woke up to the sound of a door. It was Noel. Cody stood up the couch and waved at Noel. He was wearing cute swim trucks and no shirt. Cody pinched himself to make sure he wasn't dreaming!!

"Hey! I'm just going for my morning swim." Noel said.

Cody smiled, "Cool. Mind if we talk for a bit?"

Noel smirked and nodded. "Yeah. What's on your mind?"

Cody breathed deeply, "You." He said.

Noel let out a sign of relief. "I'm glad you said that. I have the biggest crush on you."

Cody couldn't believe it. Noel liked him? Really? It was like Christmas morning. Cody was so excited that Noel liked him back.

"It's early in the game but...maybe if this goes further we can couple up?" Noel asked.

Cody nodded. "Yeah. I don't know if boys can do that but I'd break the rules for you."

Noel smiled and jumped in the pool. Cody knew this was the beginning to an amazing, romantic summer!