19 - Matchmaking Skills

Edited

THE PAST

Anna's words kept racing through her head. Juan might have feelings for her, June, but would he also be willing to turn down his beautiful date, especially when she offered herself to him in the way she had promised? With her pale skin, full lips and blonde, almost white hair she looked like an angel. Who wouldn't want to sleep with her? Emilio had already shown her what they thought about girls. Even before they had ever talked, Juan had already told his friend how he wanted to have sex with her, so there was no doubt in her mind that this girl would also be able to capture his imagination. Especially when June could barely say a word to him; it wouldn't take him long before he realized Anna was much more fun than her.

Taking a deep breath, she looked around. What should she do? If she was being honest, she just wanted to go home and hide herself under the covers, forgetting she had ever seen Anna and Juan together. However, she had come here with Rodey and the distance was too far to walk. Should she take the bus? Maybe Beth could pick her up if she called her? She wished she had listened to her friend and had never come to this place.

A little aimlessly she moved through the crowd, looking for her friends. Luckily Jordy's blue hair stood out; she was talking with some people a little ways away from the dance floor. Her date was nowhere to be seen.

Quickly, she walked towards her friend.

"Hey! I saw you with Juan, right?" A way to wide grin adorned her face.

June sighed. "We talked for a few minutes before his date claimed him again. I couldn't even say a normal sentence to him." Her shoulders dropped. "I don't think she will leave him alone tonight, she's almost glued to him."

Smiling, Jordy tucked a strand of hair behind June's ear. "The only reason that girl is clinging to him so desperately, is because she noticed he can't stop looking at you." She winked. "So you talked a bit? Did he ask you to dance?"

"No," June muttered. "He probably saw that I was as stiff as a wooden doll when I was dancing with your cousin."

A grin spread on Jordy's face. "He didn't dare to ask you? Dude, that's so cute! Well, it isn't that hard to see why; he is probably terrified that he's gonna step on your dress and rip your clothes again – this time with all his classmates around him." Chuckling, she raked a hand through her hair. "And to be honest, I can totally see that happening. I feel kinda stupid for not thinking about it myself; I should have gotten you a dress that only reached your ankles." Her glance went around the room. Suddenly the grin on her face faded away and her eyes widened. Quickly she turned away her head, a hurt expression crossing her face.

"What is it?" June asked.

"Nothing," Jordy said softly.

Her tone however told June otherwise and so she looked too, wondering what on earth could shock her friend. Had she seen her date launching himself at another girl? She didn't see the dreadlocks her friend had described earlier tonight. What she did see though, were two people intensely kissing and pressed up against the wall, the boy's hands eagerly exploring the girl's body.

It took a few seconds before June realized at who she was looking at. In disbelief, she turned her face back to Jordy. "You – you like him?" she asked in shock.

"Well, he isn't very likable," Jordy sighed. "I don't know what it is about him, I just wish that it was me being pushed against the wall by him."

June wrinkled her nose. "Sounds romantic..."

Jordy smirked, but her smile didn't reach her eyes.

"When you asked him to go to prom... That wasn't only to keep him away from Juan, was it?" A little worried she studied her friend's face.