59 - Lapdance Lessons

Not edited yet

THE PAST

It was stupid. It was so unbelievably stupid to be in love with him. Not that she had a say in it; it wasn't her choice that her heart started to go wild the moment she saw him, or that her lips curled into a smile when she heard his voice. She could lie in the grass for hours, staring at the clouds and imagining about them being together. 

Of course she knew that was never going to happen. 

Even if he would develop feelings for her some day, he would tell no one. Being together with someone like her would bruise his image, and even though he was pretending he didn't care what people were thinking of him, his image was sacred to him. 

And still – still that hope never disappeared completely. 

Especially not when she received a text in which he asked her if she had something to do today. She had to read it five times before she had convinced herself that he was really the sender. They had seen each other just yesterday, when she had taken him to a monster truck rally. Actually it was an event she visited annually with her father, but he – to no one's surprise – lacked the time to spend time with his daughter. Instead, he had given her two tickets. 

She had bit the bullet and asked Emilio to join her. Two days before they had played paintball and apparently he had enjoyed it enough to agree this time as well. 

And now the initiative came from him. Only a day later. She had never expected it, but maybe something was really changing between them. If it was only about the activities they were doing, he wouldn't have sent her a text now, right?

She tried to stay cool; it didn't have to mean anything. Juan and June were still out of town and she had a feeling that he didn't know with who else to hang out. She had already discovered that he had a lot of friends, but Juan was the only one with who he spent one-on-one time and that knowledge only called up more butterflies inside her stomach. 

I got no plans for today. You wanna go somewhere

As long as I can leave this place, he sent back. Ma's naggin that I have to clean up my room if I'm bored and its too fucking hot to do that.

Come to my place. I'm home alone and we got a pool. And cold beer. 

Inviting him over might be too much for him, but Jordy had done so with everyone she liked. Their garden was large and beautiful and super chill when the weather was good, but when she was alone it was just boring. 

Kay. Where do you live? 

She gave him the address and went upstairs to change clothes. Since Emilio had made various comments about her skinniness and small cup, she felt a little insecure when she put on her bikini. She however refused to let him stop her wearing the things she liked. If he wanted to see well filled bikini tops he would have gone to the beach. Still, she put on a pink and light blue dress with white bats in case they wouldn't go swimming at all. 

Going downstairs, she put on the stereo system to create a nice atmosphere. It didn't take long before she heard the gravel crunch underneath the tires. She walked towards the garden gate and opened it. 

"Hey." He nodded towards her. 

Although Jordy wanted to hug him like she hugged all her friends, she didn't do it. The look on his face was telling her that he wasn't sure what he was doing here, regretting the text he had sent her.