54 - Debts

Not edited yet

THE PAST

It felt like the old times – Juan staying over for the night. Watching movies until 4 AM, smoking cigarettes on the windowsill every hour, never loss for words... there weren't a lot of people he could hang out with all day long. Juan was his homie, he was like a brother and he had been afraid that his new relationship with June would change that. Since the two had become a thing he had barely seen his friend and he had been surprised when Juan had showed up at his door earlier tonight, with a sixpack of beer in his hand. 

As Emilio took a deep drag of the cigarette and blew out the smoke, he looked at Juan. They were both sitting with their backs against the window frame, one leg hanging down the window. Emilio had put a pillow between his back and the hinge so he sat a little more comfortable. It was past midnight, so his mother wouldn't see them sitting like this. Last year he had fallen out of the window when being stoned, and ever since, his mom freaked out as soon as he opened the window. But he just loved sitting here. 

His friend looked more relaxed than when he had arrived a few hours ago. He had told him that his mother had been a total bitch again and that he wasn't in the mood to sleep at home. Emilio had been happy that Juan had chosen him over his lover. Maybe it was because she still didn't want to fuck; then there was no point in spending the night with her anyway.

"So... she still doesn't want to do anything?" he asked. 

Juan raised his eyebrows and started to laugh. "Damn... it's the third time in a couple of hours you bring it up. Is your life so boring that my sex life is the most exciting thing there is?"

He snorted. "Well that ain't exciting at all, as it seems."

Had he really brought it up so many times? Well – it wasn't like his own sex life was very interesting at the moment. The last time he had slept with a girl, had been before the holidays. And Mateo couldn't take him to the parties where he used to meet those hot chicks, so he didn't expect a change in the near future. Where else could he find them? The only girls he knew went to the same school as he and he didn't want to fuck someone who he had to face daily afterwards. He remembered all too well how much trouble that had caused Mateo. 

"Hmm, you comin' to the beach with me tomorrow?" Maybe he could hit on a chick there; or he could at least watch the topless girls. 

"I'm already meetin' up with June." Juan tapped the ash of his cigarette. 

Emilio shrugged his shoulders. "Take her with ya. At least you'd see her in bikini." He wiggled his eyebrows. "Assuming she has one." He started to laugh. "I wouldn't be surprised if she would wear a wetsuit or somethin'."

Juan glared at him. 

"What?" he asked innocently. "C'mon, she's even more prudish than a nun. I mean – how long are you together? Two weeks? And you can still do shit?"

Juan looked away and stared to the darkened city. His friend might pretend he didn't care, but Emilio sensed that it frustrated him. 

"Well at least she was okay with my hand on her breast when were makin' out today. Guess that's progress."

"Underneath her clothes?"

"No."

He rolled his eyes. "Even I can walk by and squeeze her tit; then I'm on the same base as you."

"You didn't kiss her."

Emilio kicked his heel against the outer wall. "I just don't get it. Why doesn't she want you? If I ever fall in love, I assume one has to cuff my hands to keep them off her."