82 - Dark Fantasies

THE PAST

All these years Beth had a wrong idea about friendship. Only when Selma sat down at her table two weeks ago during lunch, she realized what she had missed. 

In her old group of friends she had always been the fifth wheel. June and Jordy were thick as thieves, and if something was bothering Shawna she always went to those two too first. Beth was like some backup friend. Pathetic as it was, Jordy's pity had been the glue keeping them together and by now, Beth felt like cushioning. 

Things were different with Selma. She understood her hatred, believing she had every right to be mad with her former friends and those disgusting boys. Selma had been the first one encouraging her to take revenge. After all, Juan and Emilio's 'joke' had turned her into an outcast. 

"You want revenge?" Selma had asked her yesterday. 

Beth had been sitting with Selma's friends at lunch. Dark clothed people who everyone gave a wide berth. Witches. Wiccans. 

Her new group of friends had attracted attention; during the whole lunch break Emilio had glared at her, and June had skittishly peeked at her. As if they knew what was awaiting them. 

For yes – she wanted revenge. Without a doubt. 

Smiling darkly, she got out of the car. It was already dark, they had waited for the moonlight. Quietly she closed the door, then she headed to the corner house. She had barely rang the door bell when Selma let her in. 

"Hey," the girl smiled. "Come in."

Beth smiled back. To be honest she'd never cared about Selma, but now they had gotten to know each other she really liked the girl. Her skin was dark, her black curls wild. Her black lip gloss and dark eye shadow gave her something sinister, something that appealed her after hanging out with boring girls like June and Shawna for such a long time. 

Selma was different. Confident, dangerous. She knew a lot of classmates were scared of her. And with good reason. 

The breakup with Cynthia had been hard. Her ex had hurt her deeply by telling her Beth had became too bitter, and that she always felt depressed after spending time with her. 

Beth blamed June. If she hadn't turned her back on her, she wouldn't have been bitter. 

Selma however didn't care about her bitterness. She was bitter herself too, after being bullied for years. Just like her friends. But instead of crying in a corner, they had found a way to have their satisfaction. 

Before entering the house, she hugged Selma and closed the door. Together they walked to the living room. 

"You took everything with you?"

Beth nodded. Opening her bag, she took the cloth dolls from it. Pictures of the people who had hurt her, were stapled to it. It had been easy to find those of June and Jordy, she'd found those of Mateo and Juan online and she had secretly made a picture of Emilio in school. 

Selma took the dolls from her and watched them with a smirk. "Beautiful." She squeezed the neck of Emilio's voodoo doll. "This asshole is close to having his own altar."

Beth wasn't surprised. Most people who were a victim of bullying mentioned his name first. 

"Here, this one is for you." Selma handed her a silver octagram. "You have to wear it to protect yourself."

Her words made Beth a little nervous. Actually she had never believed in witchcraft, but Selma and her friends were quite serious about it. The idea to curse other people was thrilling, but imagining it would really work...