56 - Going Further

Not edited yet

THE PAST

June's heart jumped when the door bell rang. A few days had passed since the last time she had seen him; he had been working for three nights and during the day they had also been too busy. Although he had a key, he rather rang the bell when he knew that she was home and June didn't mind. She opened the front door. 

Although they were together for a month now, his smile still made her feel shaky. Juan closed the door behind him. His hands folded around her hips as he softly pushed her backwards, until her back touched the wall. She chuckled as he stroked the hair away from her shoulder, kissing his way up to her neck until he reached her ear.  "I've missed you," he whispered. 

June wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him passionately. His grasp around her hips steadied, and an intense heat flared up inside her. Some less innocent images slipped inside her head, making her blush. She caught herself having those fantasies more and more the past days. She was longing for going a little bit further than the regular kissing, but she didn't know how to tell him.

His lips touched the tip of her nose, dragging her out of her thoughts. 

"Haven't you missed me?" he pouted. 

"Maybe a little," she teased. She wrapped her arms around his torso and pulled him close. "Or maybe a little more than a little."

His eyes were smiling when he looked at her. Again warm feelings were bubbling up. She still didn't get it; she had a hard time accepting that he hadn't grown tired of her the past weeks and that he liked her just as much as she liked him. It still felt like a bubble that could burst any moment.

"I wanna take you somewhere," he said. 

Curiously, June looked at him. She would never say no to a ride on his bike. 

"Oh, and take your drawing stuff with ya."

His face didn't reveal anything except a wide grin. His hand glided into hers and he gently dragged her with him to the living room. June went upstairs to get her drawing pad and pencils. He had never said that before, and for some unknown reason it made her a little nervous. 

After putting her stuff in her bag she returned to the living room. Juan was talking to her mother. She couldn't hear what they were saying, but they were both laughing and the sight of them lifted the corners of her own mouth as well. 

He was so sweet. So amazing. 

She stood behind him, her arms slipping around him and holding him tight. "Hmm I think I actually missed you very much," she whispered in his ear. 

His hands stroked hers and settled on them. "I knew it." Looking over his shoulder, he gave her a wink. "See you tonight," he said to Hannah.

"Have fun, sweethearts." She showed them a tired smile. 

Their hands laced as they left the living room, crossed the hallway and headed for the door. She waited until Juan had mounted his bike and climbed on the back of it, wrapping her arms tightly around him; sitting so close to him while riding still gave her a matchless feeling. 

It wasn't a long ride. After ten minutes he went off the road and parked his bike on the shoulder. They found themselves on the other side of the East River. His hand touched for hers and he led her underneath the bridge, across a narrow path that wasn't officially a road. After pushing some branches away, they reached a beautiful spot that was surrounded by trees and bushes. 

"I come here often," he said. "When I want to clear my head. Sometimes Mateo joins me, he showed me this place years ago. I never took anyone else with me, not even Emilio." He took her other hand in his as well. His cheeks turned reddish and June inhaled sharply, knowing he would again tell her something that was so sweet that her legs would almost collaps.