91 - Bliss

It was wonderful to be on a little trip together. Hand in hand, they walked through the Disney park and lined up for the rides that looked interesting. During the flight to Florida, Juan told her that he had been twelve, the last time he had been to a theme park. Emilio's family had taken him on a day trip. For June, it was also a long time ago. She couldn't remember how old she was, probably ten or so. 

With cotton candy, they sat down on a bench. There were a lot of families. Happy fathers and mothers with enthusiast children. The sight of them still called up a heavy feeling in her chest. Her mother would never be able to go on a ride again, and her father... only the thought of him turned her face into a thundercloud. Juan noticed it and raised his eyebrows in a silent question. 

She sighed. "Seeing all those happy families... isn't it hard?"

Juan shrugged. "I don't know any better." He laid a hand on her knee. "And since I'm with you, I've learned to look differently at those faces. I no longer see what I wish I had, but what I would want for the future. With you."

His warm smile made her melt. He never ceased to surprise her with his kindness. 

The corners of her lips curled up and she covered his hand with hers. 

"But I understand it's difficult for you. After all, you've been such a happy family. Missing something you once had is harder than missing something you never had, I think. And especially so soon after celebrating your birthday... It makes you think about your family even more."

June averted her eyes. He was right. 

Her father had called. First on her cellphone, and she had ignored him. Then on the house phone, and again, she had refused to speak to him. She didn't want to talk to him, not like this; as an obligation because it was her birthday. 

When she did want to talk to him, she didn't know either. Maybe never. She wouldn't know what to say to him anyway. She couldn't forgive him for what he had done to her mother, and to the rest of their family. Sometimes she even wished that he had gotten ill, instead of her mother. 

Juan braided his fingers between hers as he felt her dark mood. "Where shall we go now? The splash? The sun is still shining brightly, we will dry in a minute."

June smiled. "Okay."

They got up, and with laced hands, they headed to Splash Mountain. 

. . .

June looked back on a beautiful day. They had dinner in the park and around closing time they returned to the hotel where they'd dropped off their bags earlier today. 

She had been nervous all day. She'd tried to hide it from Juan and she was relieved to have succeeded. While stepping into the elevator, she nervously picked at the hem of her shirt. 

What if she panicked? What if it hurt? 

She thought back to the conversation she had with Jordy a few days ago. Her friend had given her some advice and together they'd bought something to surprise Juan with. 

The thought made her blush as Juan looked her in the eye. 

He smiled, leaned into her and kissed her cheek.  "I love you, June."

"I love you too," she said softly. 

Since they had bought a drink at the bar before, it was late when they arrived in their hotel room. Juan dropped down on the bed. For a while they chatted, then, June went to the bathroom to ready herself for the night. 

The moment she closed the door, the nervousness was back. She had no doubts that Juan would like it, but nevertheless, she failed to relax. She undressed, freshened up and put on the lacy panties. Carefully, she shoved the stockings around her legs and attached the suspenders to the panties. Over it, she wore a burgundy slip dress. 

Hesitating, she looked in the mirror. She felt anything but confident and sexy. 

It's Juan. He loves you, no matter what you wear. 

After taking a deep breath, she left the bathroom. The lights were already dim. Juan froze as he saw her. A blush crept to his cheeks and she felt her own face heat up too. 

"Woah baby..." His voice sounded hoarse and his mouth dropped open. 

He shoved towards the edge of the bed and didn't seem to know what to do: getting up or not. She wished he did; it had been easier if he had taken the lead. 

The corner of her lips trembled as she smiled at him. She was unable to say anything and silently, she sat on his lap and caressed his face. 

"You're so beautiful June. I love you so much," Juan stammered. His fingers felt reluctant on her silk dress. 

He was nervous too. 

Softly, she started to kiss him although the kiss heated up as she undressed him. Her hands glided across his shoulders, his chest. The way he responded to her touches, gave her more confidence. 

She wanted this. 

He was the only one for her. She wanted to stay with him forever. 

The look in his eyes told her she meant the same to him. 

His hands slipped under her dress, heated her skin, toyed with the suspenders. She kissed his neck and felt the longing for his skin on hers grow. 

Slowly, she slipped off the dress. Juan leaned back on the bed, gently pulling her on top of him. His fingers loved her skin, her heart was burning with happiness. 

"Are you sure you want this?" Juan asked softly. Carefully, he rolled her on her back. 

She nodded. "Yes."

Juan's face reddened. "I uh... I didn't take anything with me. I was afraid you thought I was pushing you if you would see it by accident."

She kissed the tip of his nose. "I did take them. The box Emilio and Mateo gave me. It's in the top of my bag."

Juan reached to the side of the bed and dug through her stuff until he found the black package. He put it down on the nightstand and hovered over her again, kissing her. 

"We'll use that later," he whispered. "I don't wanna rush things."

His words made her relax a bit more and she closed her eyes as he kissed her neck and from there further down. A blissful smile adorned her face. 

. . .

June had cuddled up against Juan. He was stroking her hair, although his heavy breathing told her he could fall asleep any minute. 

It had been amazing. 

Juan had been very careful; more than ten times he'd asked her if she liked what he did. His tender touches had melted her heart. Butterflies swirled through her stomach as she remembered how it had felt when he entered her, how they had slowly worked towards a climax. It had been a bit uneasy, but it had barely hurt. 

Pressing her lips against his chest, she looked up. 

There was a lazy smile on his face. 

"You make me so happy, June." 

"You make me happy too," she whispered. 

He caressed her cheek. "I'm sure no one else will ever call up these feelings inside me. We belong together."

In the dark, she found his glance. 

"I will always be there for you, baby. I promise."

She swallowed the lump in her throat and crawled a little closer.  "I will always be there for you too, Juan."

Their lips connected and they kissed until the dividing line between the wonderful reality and a fantastic dream no longer existed.