Chapter-3

Niyathi POV

I have been calling him since morning, but he didn't lift my phone. I felt like meeting him on the person. I checked the message in WhatsApp and started to his office. How will he receive me? What if he pretends that he doesn't know me? What if he doesn't love me? The thought itself made me quiver.

I took a deep breath to control my thumping heart. It is thumping so fast.

I truly don't want to think much, I just walked into his office without any second thought. I need to do it, I have to.

I halted my car before Mishra's Business Empire and got down holding my heart.

I stood there in front of one of the tallest buildings in the city. It is standing with pride.

"Mr Sameer Mishra, I want to meet Mr Sameer Mishra," I went to the receptionist and spoke very timidly with a tensed face.

She looked at me with a weird expression and nodded a bit hesitantly.

Why is she looking at me like that?

I am sweating profusely.

Suddenly I saw him walking to his cabin with a girl holding hands.

"Wait for few minutes" Receptionist said to me snapping her finger on my face.

I then realised that I stood there in trance dumbfounded. I felt a tight slap on my face.

I am crying unknowingly, How foolish I am? I have to learn who is she? She may be his friend, but their intimacy is saying something else.

I am oblivious about my surroundings, my life. I took a deep breath and wiped away my tears. I can't be this much fragile. I need to talk to him.

I waited for ten more minutes, Receptionist is looking at me making weird faces.

It's enough, It's truly embarrassing, She completely lacks decorum.

I stood up and walked towards his cabin without any hesitation. I didn't pay heed to that stupid receptionist who is walking behind me trying her best to stop me.

I turned around and peered at her fervently.

"I know what I am doing and Don't dare me to teach propriety" I shouted at her with all my hidden agony.

Her body twitched for a second and somehow she managed to stand properly.

She didn't follow me anymore, I felt happy for a second.

No regrets, She deserves this.

I went straight and opened the door of his cabin quickly.

What did I see? I couldn't believe it.

I slumped there on the floor, my lips are twitching, eyelids are fluttering, I am truly speechless.

What is he doing?

His single act shattered my faith in him.

His eyes noticed my presence.

He is looking at me with hatred.

I felt killing myself.

I tried to read his face, but I can't see what exactly he is thinking now.

His eyes are filled with pride.

For what?

For killing my faith and love?

For what?

I went to him and caught his collar.

He did stumble for a second but very smart enough to react quickly with the same intensity.

He caught my hand in time and his grip is so fervent. I succumbed to despair and lost to him.

He hugged me at the very next moment and suddenly I felt the warmth in his arms.

It is a much-needed one, I hated myself for allowing him to touch me, Yet I couldn't move away from him.

I finally realised my mistake and pushed him away from me.

He stood there with teary eyes, I then later realised that I am crying.

Yes, I was crying all this time.

He took a step ahead and wiped my tears gently.

I tried to restrain him from touching me, but I failed again.

This time I needed my space.

I took a few steps back and looked at him again.

His eyes are red and he is smelling like fish.

Is he drunk?

I looked at his eyes again and now I can say that he is under the influence of alcohol.

Why is he behaving like this?

I never saw him like this?

I know him for the past few years.

He was never like this.

He was a perfect gentleman.

He took a long stride to reach me.

I took a step back and caught between him and the wall.

He smirked at me.

For the very first time, I felt like slapping him on the face.

How can I love a person like him?

How can I adore a person like him?

How can I?

He pinned me to the wall and very suddenly caught my lips.

His hands are moving over my back and waist making me twitch.

I felt fresh tears escaping from my eyes and to my surprise, I saw a few tears in his eyes.

I don't know how to stop him and I did the same thing which I was frightened about.

I gave up, I cursed myself for allowing him to be this indignant.

He is kissing me very fervently and his arms are moving at the same pace.

His kiss is so dominant yet very passionate at the same time.

I froze at his actions and stood there like a statue.

He released me from his arms, I slapped him on his face.

He fell on the floor and shook his head twice.

I looked around and ran from there with eyes full of tears and shattered dreams.