Chapter-39

Sameer's POV

"Where is she?" I asked her again but she didn't respond at all.

I am truly irritated with everyone's behavior, I can sense that Niyathi is in danger and everyone is hiding it from me.

I called Vijay and asked him to give his phone to Niyathi, but he didn't do it. He told me that she is so tired and in a slumber sleep.

I went to Jayathi's house hiding from everyone but no use. I couldn't find her anywhere. I came from there without speaking anything. I know they won't speak, they won't open their mouth.

Even my Brother in law Pradyumna is not giving me any information and I am sure he knows who is behind all this.

I came back to my home and started calling Swapna. Why did she become an approver all of a sudden?Why?

I couldn't find any valid reason.

I went straight to Preeti her friend and almost kidnapped her and took her to my guest house.

"Tell me the truth, Preeti"I shouted at her this time. Why everyone is testing my patience.

I looked at the girl,Preeti who is sitting in front of me with her hands tied back. She looks so frightened and worried yet she is not giving me any clue.

"Preeti you are testing my patience"I am literally begging her.

"Sameer, I am worried about you and She(Niyati) too wants you to be sound and safe. You don't know how dangerous he is? I warned her not to mess with this guy but she didn't listen. I am really worried about her."She looks so frightened.

"Manohar" I spelt his name looking into her eyes.

She looked at me frantically trying so hard to hide the truth.

"So Manohar is one behind Niyathi's missing. What does he want?" I stood there gritting my teeth, clenching my fist.

"I am worried about Niyathi" Preeti burst into tears and is weeping like a child. My heart skipped it's beat after listening to her words.

"I know he is a dangerous guy but I can't leave my Niyathi like that.I need to protect her. I am begging you, Please tell me what just had happened.Please"I caught her hand and asked looking into her eyes.

"Manohar kidnapped her from the resort and he made a plan to escape to  abroad with in a couple of days." She spoke panting heavily.

"How do you know?"I sighed and asked her quickly.

"I have my sources.." She mumbled.

"Tell me the truth Preeti!"This time I demanded her.

"We took help from Manohar to settle an issue and I befriended one of his gang member and he...."She trailed off looking at my fuming eyes.

"So you were the one who was collecting all information from Niyathi on behalf of Manohar." I banged the chair.

She twitched for a second and sad lowering her head, hiding her tears.

"She believed you Preeti, But why did you do that?" I asked her honestly.

"Trust me Sameer, I won't do anything which will harm her and I swear you that I never leaked a single clue about her." She looked at me gulping her saliva in fear.

"Trust me, I warned her not to mess with him, I risked my life and gave her all the information she wanted but she didn't stop there. She wanted to confront him why he did do all this?" I looked at her with a puzzled look she just nodded in return trying to assure me what she said is truth.

"She was after him madly to protect you. She tried to tap his phone but all her plans backfired and he made you arrested with all the evidences he posses and simply abducted her." She said at a stretch squeezing her eyes shut in fear.

"Ah...!"I slumped there on the floor trying to think and analyse the situation.

"She was avoiding you all the time because she was chasing the mystery. She was after me to learn the reason behind your concern on Swapna"

"But to her surprise she learnt about Manohar. She learnt Manohar is the one behind Swapna. She should've stopped there but she didn't."

"She started exploring his true colours, true intentions."

"She learnt he badly wanted her, his target is her. Since then she wanted to confront him, she wanted to protect you."

"She saw his face and came to know that he was the one who tortured her before marriage, he was the one who involved in human trafficking. But, she never imagined she will become a prey for his trap." She sighed.

I don't know what to talk. I closed my eyes. She was never happy, she wanted to know the reasons. She should've asked me thing on face, she should've asked my help. What's the need to do things all alone.

"You did a great mistake Niyathi, you didn't trust me." She broke my heart.

"Can you do me a favour?"I asked Preeti after a second.

"What?"She looked at me with teary eyes.

"Can you call your friend for a second and ask him where are they? What their plans are?" I asked her in a pleasing tone.

She looked here and there in confusion. She is in a dilemma.

"We are running out of time and this is what you can do for your friend."I pleaded.

She nodded and called him.

To be continued....