Chapter-37

Sameer's POV

"What's the problem?" Prateek Bhaiya is looking at me with concern.

"I don't know Bhaiya," I slumped there on the chair keeping a pale face.

"Manohar! Who is Manohar? Why is he stalking you all the time?" He questioned me looking at his picture on my phone. He looked a bit tensed.

"I saw this man stalking me for the past two days and Today I found him troubling Niyathi. It seems he demanded some amount from her and I don't know why?" I sat there holding my head.

"Where is Niyathi now? Is she fine? Is she safe?" Prateek Bhaiya asked placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Yes, She is here in the same resort. I left her in my room." I sat recklessly waiting for a phone call.

"Thank God!" Bhaiya looked at me heaving a sigh of relief.

Prateek Bhaiya came to this resort to attend a conference along with me.

I left her in my suite and came to Bhaiya to talk for a while.

"Where is Manohar right now? Why did you leave him there like that? I never expected this from you?" Prateek Bhaiya glared at me in utter disbelief.

"I called Jeeju, Prateek Bhaiyya and he said he will take care of him. I waited till a constable reach the place." I answered looking at my phone.

"Is that Shashank? pick it up!"Bhaiyya patted my shoulder looking at my rattling mobile.

I nodded my head and answered the call.

"Jeeju!" I spoke slowly mustering all my hidden courage. I can't tolerate if Niyathi throws herself in any kind of danger.

"I took him into my custody you don't worry, "Jeeju assured me.

"Thanks, Jeeju" I smiled a bit and Prateek Bhaiya smiled back at me reading my expressions.

"I will talk to you in the evening, till then don't let Niyathi go anywhere" He cut the call and I felt relieved for a second.

"Everything will be fine" He patted my shoulder.

"Where is Swapna now?"He asked me quickly knitting his eyebrows.

"I don't know" I frowned shrugging my shoulders.

"At least do you know how Swapna is related to Manohar?" He got engrossed into thoughts with my answer.

I couldn't concentrate on my work anymore.

What is the relation between Swapna and Manohar and Is he the one who injured Swapna on that day? I couldn't stop thinking about them both.

My fate, All these things are making my life so oblivious to myself.

I felt an urge to call Niyathi but I don't know what is stopping me. I have to ask her what is happening to her. Damn! I don't think she will answer me.

"Switch on the T.V, Please" We heard Kritik Bhaiya's booming voice from the entrance of the conference hall.

"Did all the guests leave? And why do you look so tensed?" Prateek Bhaiya asked him with suspicion.

"Yes, Everyone left and please Switch on that bloody Tv for God sake."He shouted and started searching for the remote.

We went to a corner where a Plasma is installed in the hall and switched on the T.V.

"Be brave" KritikBhaiya came to me and patted my shoulder.

I got worried with his gesture, Is everything fine? Why does he look so tensed? And Why is he saying all this to me? I stood there trying to read his expressions.

"Switch the channel." He is shouting at the Prateek Bhaiya to keep any news channel.

I stood there void of any expression, though my heart is sensing some danger.

"Drug Scandal." Prateek Bhaiya ran to me and hugged me reading a headline scrolling on the T.V. screen.

"Don't worry, We are all there for you" He is boosting my confidence by whispering some courageous words in my ear.

It stepped ahead, a bit nearer to the Plasma TV to read the Headline thoroughly.

"Dirty little secret of Mishra's Prince finally Exposed, Police found solid proof against Sameer Mishra in a drug Scandal" Tears rolled over my cheeks and it took a second to read the sentence through my blurry eyes.

"Sameer" Prateek Bhaiya hugged me and I don't know how to react and what to talk.

"Sameer, Speak up" KritikBhaiya shook my twice catching my shoulder.

"What's the hell all this?!" I banged the table and stood there squeezing my eyes shut.

"Niyathi, Talk to Her, She is calling you" Prateek Bhaiya kept my mobile in my hand and asked me to answer.

"Talk to her, She might be worried." He ordered me.

"Speak" He shouted at me and kept the phone in speaker mode.

"This is what I was afraid about" Her voice is so broken and fragile.

"I was begging him not to do this to you but he didn't stop." She is crying profusely and continuous sobs are interrupting her speech.

"Swapna used your credit cards, your name, your network to pay the bills and I confronted her about it once, but no use. This guy Manohar is dangerous, I know him even before our marriage, he is the prime culprit in the trafficking of women."She spoke in between sobs.

"Niyathi, Don't worry, We are all here. We will take care of Sameer" Prateek Bhaiya almost dragged cell from my hand and spoke to Niyathi.

"Bhaiya, You don't know anything about Manohar. He is a dangerous guy. He tried to kidnap me before marriage, luckily I escaped from his trap." Niyathi spoke in a hurry.

"Sameer, Do you remember that guy who was messing with me before the hospital, he was the one. He was the one Sameer." She confessed.

Her confession surprised me, He is one who is the reason behind our break up. He is the one who was messing with Niyathi before the hospital. I misunderstood that she loves him and left her as prey to him there without a word.

I shook my head and stood there like a rock.

"Niyathi, Are you listening to me? Niyathi"I heard Bhaiya shouting to Niyathi on phone.

I turned around to see Prateek Bhaiya running to our room.

To be continued...

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Please let me know how it is.

Take care.