Chapter-24

Sameer's POV

I wiped away a lone tear rolling over my cheek. I sat there in my car twirling my car keys impatiently waiting for Swapna before her apartment.

I have been searching for her for a couple of days, but I couldn't find her anywhere.

Where haven't I searched for her? Her office, her friend's places, pubs, hotels everywhere. Still, I couldn't see her anywhere. It seems she has been hiding from the public since the day she met at the parlour. Such a crook she is?

"Swapna!" I sat there cursing her, cursing my ill fate, tapping my foot impatiently.

I couldn't focus on things properly after last night, What Niyathi had told me just killed me. I felt like a living corpse.

I was ashamed of myself, How could I do it to her even If I am not in my senses. How could I?

What did she say? I misbehaved with her. Why would I do that? How can I do that to her? She is my life, She is my everything. I sighed.

I just want to see Niyathi once. I want to apologise here, I want to beg her to forgive my sins which I have committed in both conscious and unconscious states.

This is all because of Swapna, What did I do to her? I gave her the place of a friend in my life, treated her with all the respect and affection but what did she give me in return? I chuckled sadly.

"Swapna....!" I just want to ask her once why she did all these to me?! Why me?

My eyes lit up to see Swapna walking towards the Elevator. There she is!

Finally, I caught her after two long tedious days of running and searching.

God did listen to my prayer.

I got down from the car and following her to the Elevator through the parking area.

She is looking around for someone or something very eagerly. She looks so desperate for that person, I wonder why is she so desperate.

I saw a person watching her from a corner with a smirk. She almost ran to him like a mad girl. What's wrong with her?

She is begging him, she is holding his hands and requesting him for something. She looks she goest enslaved to him, she behaves like a mad girl.

I don't know why I feel suspicious of him. He is holding her in an inappropriate way in front of everyone still she is not saying him anything. What's wrong with her?

She caught his hand and dragged him to the elevator quickly, though he is pushing her away.

I followed them and reached her flat without their notice.

She dragged her into her flat and I am waiting there impatiently in front of the door keeping a sulky face.

The door is closed from inside and I couldn't listen to what is happening inside.

I could listen Swapna shouting at him in a fragile tone. Why is she shouting at him? She is the one who dragged him into her flat, though he was resisting her a lot.

I waited for her for a few more minutes and saw him leaving the flat banging the door with his leg.

"Swapna" I peeped through the door soon he left. Why do I feel that Swapna is in some danger? Why so?

An uncomfortable and Eerie silence in the flat occupied my heart soon I step in. Things are thrown all over the flat and shockingly  I saw blood spilt all over the floor

My heart missed it's a beat for a second.

"Swapna" I called her name, again and again, searching every inch, every corner of the flat.

I didn't find her anywhere. I felt helpless for a second, I have to save her at any cost. I need to.

"Swapna" I opened the bathroom door slowly and heard someone bellowing in pain.

"Swapna" I found her crying, lying in a pool of blood, panting and puffing.

"Swapna" I rushed to her and she swooned in my arms.

"Swapna" I patted her cheek gently, she didn't open her eyes.

Lots of blood is oozing from knife cuts of her hands. I took her into my arms and rushed towards the hospital.

I called my B-I-L, Shashank to come to the hospital. He will be there at the hospital before I reach there.

Swapna is lying unconscious on the backseat of the car.

Finally, we reached the hospital and Thankfully my brother in law is there take of other things. I explained everything to him and he said he will inquire once she comes into conscious.

I got relaxed and walked out of the hospital with a blood stained shirt.

I saw a person marching towards us in worry before I could get into the car.

"Sameer, Are you okay?" He asked, looking at me holding my shoulder.

"Uncle! I am fine " I got surprised to see Niyathi's dad there, it took a second for me to reply to his question.

"These blood marks" He stood there with a frightened face, I got surprised to see him very much worried.

Moreover, he is a doctor, he has seen many people on death bed, thriving for life.

"My friend met with an accident and I..I a. .admitted him here, so my shirt got st..stained with his blood." I stammered for a second but somehow managed to complete the sentence.

"Oh my god!" He signed and looked at me.

"What did doctors say? Is everything okay? I came here for an emergency" He is mumbling looking at me trying to read my face.

"They asked us to wait for a couple of days, She...He is still critical" I lied.

"Oh" He stood there, trying to smile a bit, looking at a bit nervously.

I smiled back meekly, I know I am trying hard to look normal.

"Where is your car Uncle?" I asked him after a brief time, trying to break the silence.

"I didn't bring the car today. I gave it for servicing," He said it smiling at me.

"Oh, Then how will you go home Uncle?" I asked him looking at an empty parking slot.

"No problem, I will go by cab or bus. It's okay." He said a bit hesitantly.

"No, No uncle I can't leave you like this, come on, let me drop you in my car.Please." I insisted on him.

He didn't say anything but stood there thinking about my offer.

"Please uncle," I opened the car door asking him to get into the car and sit.

"I don't want to trouble you. It's already late at night." He spoke gently.

"Please uncle, Never think like that. I am like your son." I said sincerely.

He smiled at me instantly, patted my car and got into it without a word.

My heart fluttered at thought of seeing Niyathi. I am going to see my Niyathi.