Chapter-23

Niyathi's POV

I know eavesdropping their conversation is not good but I have to do it to know the truth. I stood there hiding behind the slightly ajar door, listening to their words.

I am listening to the conversation of Prateek with Sameer. I am standing behind the door of his cabin.

I waited for Sameer at Coffee cafe but he didn't turn up. I have waited for his call or a message but he neither called me nor messaged me.

I myself called him keeping my ego, my pride away. He didn't lift my calls and answered my messages.

I was compelled to come to his office to talk to him.

No one is there at the office as it is almost 8 in the evening.

I asked the only staff the receptionist about Sameer. She told me that Sameer and Prateek are discussing some deals in Sameer's cabin.

I sighed and walked towards his cabin with a heavy heart.

How will he react?

What if avoids me?

I closed my eyes and stopped there for a second.

Should I go and meet him.

What did he think about me?

He thinks I did everything to attract him, impress him with my beauty.

He thinks I did everything to make him believe that I love him, I trust him.

How could he think so stoop about me?

I gave up myself to him because I love him because I want him to complete me in all senses.

I choked and slumped there crying profusely.

"Don't sit like this, put some sense to his mind" My heart pushed me ahead.

I felt I can't do it now, I will cry looking at him, his face. I will kill myself if he repeats those words again.

But at the end of the day, we have to clear all these misunderstandings, we can't start a new life like this, hating each other.

I walked slowly holding my heart.

I reached his cabin and standing there in front of the door, half-opened door.

My hands are trembling to catch the knob of the door and open it fully.

"Sameer" I am about to take a step ahead and walk into his cabin but I stopped there hearing Prateek shouting Sameer's name.

I moved behind the door and stood there peeping through it.

"She doesn't believe me Bhaiya, She is pretending as she believes me. She kept her self respect at stake to know the truth." He is blurting like a mad man.

I want to slap him again.

I really want to slap him right now.

I am controlling my anger, panting and clenching my hand.

"Shut up, Sameer!" Prateek shouted me in a fervent voice.

"Bhaiya!" Sameer is standing there recklessly, ruffling his hair.

"Did you lose all your senses? Do you know what are you taking?" Prateek questioned him gritting his teeth.

"I don't know Bhaiya but...." Sameer lifted his head to meet Prateek's gaze.

"Sameer!" Prateek hugged him looking at his condition.

He looks so pale and lifeless.

I leaned my head to the wall and holding the door firmly trying my best not to falter.

His words are more like havoc.

His words are getting on my nerves.

I heaved a sigh and closed my eyes to control my anger and anguish.

"Yesterday she warned me not to touch her without her consent where on that she was ready to give herself to me to prove her love. What does she think about me? A PLAYBOY?" He chocked and tears are rolling over her cheeks.

"I know I should keep this between us but I need someone to understand my pain" He looked so helpless. I realised my mistake.

I shouldn't have asked him those questions at that moment, such a big mistake.

Tears are trying their best to console my heart. I never knew that a simple question in a wrong time will drift us this much apart. I stood there blaming my half with, ill fate.

"I don't know what to say, but I can understand your pain," Prateek spoke slowly placing his hand around Sameer's shoulder.

I opened the door and walked to his cabin.

Both of them turned their heads towards me, stood there staring at me in an utter shock.

Prateek just took a deep breath, walked away, leaving both of us alone in Sameer's cabin.

"I never thought a day like this even in my dream. Here I am standing stooping my head in front of you whom I love with all my heart and soul, bearing all the blame. Don't you feel bad for me, my love?" I chuckled.

"Niyathi!" Sameer is staring at me with mixed emotions. She is angry at me but at the same time, I can see love in his eyes.

"I did everything to tell you how much I love you, It was my true self which surrendered me to your love, it wanted to achieve completeness through you." I gulped and swallowed a sob.

"But here you are calling me an opportunist for offering me to you. Thank you" I stood there wiping my tears.

He didn't say anything but stood there with a scowl on his face, clenching his fist, avoiding my glare.

"Do you know why did I ask you to not to touch me without my consent?" I reached him in a stride and grabbed the collar of his shirt.

"Do you know why did I ask you to tell me about that night?" I asked tightening my grip over his collar, looking straight into his eyes.

"Because you kissed me and molested me under the influence of alcohol and drugs on that day. I never wanted to say this to you as I believe your love truly and completely." I slumped on my knees there on the floor.

"I never wanted to learn about Swapna because I know how much you love me. I questioned you as I truly wanted to know what had happened that night, to solve our misunderstandings." I am sobbing and chocking in between.

Tears are flowing over my cheeks and I saw him standing there in front me with a blank a face.

"It's over Sameer, It's over." I stood up and looked at him again.

I stood up after a brief second and walked away without bothering to see his face.