Chapter-38

Sameer's POV

"Finally we got bail for you" Prateek Bhaiya came and hugged me.

It has been two dreadful damn days since they have arrested me, I have no words to express my pain, my agony.

I smiled back at Prateek Bhaiya palely.

"Niyathi?" I looked around and asked Bhaiya as I didn't find her anywhere.

"She is not well, she is taking rest," He said looking here and there.

I didn't say anything but why I do feel she is not fine. Why so?

"Let us go" Krithik Bhiaya patted my shoulder and them took us to Mishra Bhavan.

"Sameer" Aditi came and hugged me with teary eyes. I saw mom and Dad standing together holding hands.

I chuckled and cursed my ill-luck, see they are standing in front of holding hand in hand but look at my situation. My face literally fell looking at the house, so gloomy, so dull.

I couldn't see my grandparents anywhere, I learnt that they were on vacation and don't know any of this news. I thanked God for this, at least they will be happy for a while.

My eyes searched for Niyathi, but I couldn't find her.

Mom came to me running and hugged me crying profusely. Dad patted her shoulder and caressed my hair.

I didn't speak anything but kissed her forehead asking her to calm down.

Swathi Bhabi gave me water and took me to the dining table. She served me food and even fed me like a mother.

My mom was there all the time holding my hand.

"Take rest" Prateek Bhaiya patted my shoulder and asked me to go to my room.

"Where is Niyathi Bhaiya?" I asked Bhaiya again. I want to see her right now so badly.

"She went to Jayathi's house" Swathi Bhabi answered trying to smile a bit.

"Where is my phone?" I looked around and asked them.

"It is with Krithik, I will call Niyathi and tell her that you came to home" Swathi Bhabi is so quick in answering my questions, but why she looks so tensed, even she fumbled twice.

I just nodded at her and went to my room thinking about Niyathi.

Where are you Niyathi? How are you? I tried to close my eyes and sleep for a while but I couldn't.

How did I get bail? It's very difficult to get bail in a drug case for an accused. But I got bail within two days. I tried to figure it out but no one is opening their mouth.

I felt an urge of a refreshing bath and let the cold water pour on my head relentlessly and changed into casuals.

I simply laid on the bed and closed my eyes trying to keep all the things aside.

"Niyathi" I twitched and got up from deep slumber.

I looked around for Niyathi couldn't find her anywhere.

My eyes laid on the wall clock dangling to the wall, surprisingly I slept more than five hours without paying attention to any of the issues.

I cursed myself for doing so, How could I forget about Niyathi.

Quickly I got up from my bed without wasting any time and walked down the stairs, to ask anyone about her.

Sadly I couldn't find anyone, later I realised that it's almost ten in the night and everyone in the house might have already slept.

I searched here and there for my cell phone and found it finally. I silently dropped it in my track pant and walked to my room hiding it to call Niyathi.

I am so desperate to call her, listen to her voice. I am terribly missing her and here no one understands it. Why aren't they opening their mouth?

"Pick the phone Niyathi" I stood there calling her and looking at my reflection in the mirror. I badly want her beside me. I want to cuddle her and place my head on her lap. Her presence is much needed now.

She didn't answer any of my calls, my messages, I am terribly disappointed. Why wouldn't she reply to me?

Here I am thriving to see her but she isn't responding to any of my call and messages? Why?

She didn't come to see me, she didn't pick my phone, but why? Is she angry with me for ignoring her? What's her problem with her? Or...

Is she fine? I think these people hiding anything from me. Is she fine? My heart stopped beating for a skip, it skipped it's best.

I checked the contacts and called Jayathi in the very next second holding my hand.

She too didn't respond to my phone.

It's so fishy, Why wouldn't she lift my phone if Niyathi is safe? And it's mere waste to ask all these people. They are definitely hiding things from me.

Whom should I ask? Whom should I ask about Niyathi? I sat there in despair. I sat there thinking about her, my wife, my life.

I searched all my contacts again and again to find a person who will give genuine information about Niyathi.

"Vijay?!" I taught about him. Though I know about him well, I don't want to leave a chance. I called him holding my heart.

Finally, he picked my call. I got relieved a bit.

"Vijay!" I spoke holding my tears.

"Sameer..." He spoke very slowly with disappointment and despair.

To be continued.

What might have happened to Niyathi?

Finally, we are here, Just a chapter to go. The last chapter, I will make it into two parts as it is somewhat big to type, then Epilogue.

Please don't forget to vote and comment.

Let me know how it is?

Thank you

Take care.