Chapter-6

Sameer's POV

I am waiting for mom sitting in the hall in the mom's house at Hyderabad.

She is residing here in Hyderabad with her sister for the past two years. I almost begged her to stay with my grandparents in Mishra Bhavan but she didn't heed my words, she said she don't want to feel the guilt anymore by staying there, avoiding dad all the time.

I too didn't compel her as I don't want her to feel uncomfortable.

"Sameer" Mom came to me with a smile and hugged me quickly.

I smiled at her seeing her smiling after a long time.

"Looking great" Mom looked so pale yet I can see her eye gleaming at me, my mere presence brought her utter joy.

"Yes!" I chuckled and pinched her cheeks.

"Such a pleasant surprise!" Mom said sitting beside me and slightly pressing my hand affectionately.

"I couldn't stop myself from seeing you. Your call filled my heart with so much joy and happiness" I said standing up and walking towards the kitchen.

"Ha...." She didn't say anything but hummed a bit looking at me blankly.

"I didn't expect that call from you both together, never thought you and dad would call me together again," I said chopping some vegetables, Mom knows what I am doing? She surely knows how much I love cooking.

I feel extremely happy to prepare something for my beloved ones when I feel happy.

Mom sat there looking at me smiling and adoring me.

"Mom...." I spoke breaking the silence with a brief second.

"What?" She said looking into my eyes.

"Do you forgive dad?" I know it's too greedy still, I felt like asking her for some reason or other.

"Haha...I don't know..."She surprised me with her laugh, It surprised me for sure.

"MOM...." I tried to read her expression but i failed miserably, mom is such a mystery sometimes.

"But I feel, I still have a soft corner for him, still I feel something for him..." She mumbled.

"What...?" I felt happy extremely, I felt like a child again, unknowingly my eyes became moist. Isn't this the moment I have been waiting for?

I stood there like a rock for a second, I stood there looking at her face, she looked so calm and quiet. She looks so peaceful, the confusion and the chaos in her face all the time has completely disappeared.

"She is truly a lovely girl...!" She said smiling at me stopping my breath for a second.

"Please..." She begged.

"What mom?" I chuckled trying to hide my excitement, Am I blushing I checked my reflection in the mirror tilting my head a bit.

"I know you will like her, give her a chance to meet you." She is unstoppable.

"I know you have a secret crush on her." I can see her love and smug in her eyes at a time.

"Mom..." I shook my eyes and looked away.

"Niyathi, I know it's Niyathi, she is your secret crush.." My mom turns into a complete mystery all of a sudden sometimes. I don't know how she learnt about Niyathi and how did she convince her to meet me.

Mom did mention about Niyathi on phone and told me to come to Hyderabad as quickly as possible. She even said that it's Niyathi whom she has chosen and whom I have to meet as my future bride.

My breath hitched to listen to all this, She even sent her pictures to Swathi Bhabhi and asked her to show them to me. My family members surprised me by showing her pictures, they played a prank and asked me to chose one girl among five proposals, later I got surprised to see Niyathi in every picture.

Still, a part of me is very confused and not so ready to accept this proposal, I am really worried about two things.

Does she love me and adore me the same way I love her?

Does she accept this proposal happily?

If yes, then Why did she leave me there like that, so reckless?

I felt someone stabbing my heart and tearing it into pieces, my happiness, joy turned into utter chaos in a very second. It was the most painful moment in my life. She left me there in the pool of blood without thinking about me once, my life.

I wiped a lone tear escaped from my eye.

It is truly unforgettable and unforgivable. The thought itself turns me into a monster and I feel like hate her for a lifetime, I hate her and love her at the same time, It's a very complicated thing actually!

I surely feel that there is an urgent need to clear all these issues before moving ahead for marriage.

Suddenly I felt gloomy, Does she truly want to marry me or is it a prank? I don't know why I am feeling so nervous and felt like deceived all of sudden.

"Sameer!" Mom called my name breaking my chain of thoughts.

"Come and sit here..!" She said waving at me tapping the sofa, asking me to come and sit beside her.

I walked to her with a heavy heart and sat beside her.

"She is truly a nice girl, She deserves you. I don't know what you are afraid of? I don't know what happened between you two? But you both deserve each other's love. I saw tears in her eyes when I mentioned about you, that black day in your life. Her tears and her eyes say how much she loves you." She said kissing my forehead.

I didn't say anything but nodded my head meekly.

"What?!" She said smiling a bit and looking into my eyes.

"Nothing!" I tried my best to grin a bit trying to make her feel happy.

"I want you to be happy, and you know how I and your dad suffered in our lives," she said very honestly making my heart crush.

"Mom, Please...." I mumbled kissing her forehead and hugging her from the side.

"Sammy....!" She smiled trying to hide her tears, trying to make me smile.