Chapter-30

Niyathi's POV

Another week passed, Sameer is talking to me normally but I kept myself busy with work all the time, simply to avoid spending time with him.

I am hesitant to ask him why he is paying all the bills for Swapna.

Shockingly a day before engagement, I got a call from someone, that Sameer is purchasing those drugs for her, for him.

I went to his office straight and found a few samples of it. I felt worried and ran away from there.

I didn't ask him anything as I felt it will be insulting him with my words. But I strongly feel that it's a trap by Swapna and her friends.

I badly want to know why he is paying the Swapna's medical bills, still?

Why he is looking after her even after knowing her intentions?

But what if he misunderstands me again?

What if he loses very hard earned trust by me again?

I faced hell last times, This time I don't want to make things complicated.

Though I felt suffocated, a part of me is still curious to know about it.

But now I am worried, Really worried about Sameer and his safety.

What if he is any danger? What if they planned something against him? I need to learn it and protect him.

But sadly I can't ask him and say him everything straight away on his face.

Sameer believes a few things very strongly and it's impossible for him to get rid of that prejudice easily.

He thinks he is unfit for love. He thinks love is unlucky for him. He even thought I accepted this marriage because of Dad.

Truly ridiculous yet he believes all that nonsense.

Now, what will he think if I ask him about all the things I learnt, just a day before engagement?

He will simply faint and never trust me again.

I sighed at my thoughts and sat there in Canteen sipping hot coffee.

But I am missing him so badly. I am swallowing my pain and tears very calmly trying to smile at others like a good girl.

"Niyathi" I heard Sameer's voice so suddenly breaking my chain of thought.

I looked around and sat there calmly as I couldn't find it anywhere. It may my illusion.

"Niyathi" This time his voice is booming from my behind.

I turned around instantly to see him standing with a pale face.

My heart crushed seeing him sad, he looks so dull, lost in thought. Dark circles below his eyes are telling m that he didn't sleep peacefully all these weeks.

I blamed myself for hurting him with my actions, but I am really helpless.

Why is it so complicated.

"Sameer" I stood up and walked to him. He grinned at bit looking at me.

"Niyathi, Are you angry at me?" His face fell off soon I stood before him.

"Tell me, Did I hurt you unknowingly?" asked me quickly.

"What?!" I saw him with a frightened face. I badly wanted to say a "No" to his question.

"Tell me, Niyathi, Are you angry with me? You look so upset with my behaviour"He held my hands and asked me peeping into my eyes.

"Sameer" I whispered his name looking at his, Tears are brimmed in his eyes.

I hugged him tightly.

He took a second to realise what just I did. He chuckled and embraced me in a big warm hug in return.

we stood there each other's arms for a while. I felt protected and safe in his arms and I don't want to lose his trust and affection. I don't want to miss this warmth in his touch.

"Niyathi, we are grabbing everyone's attention," Sameer mumbled releasing me from his hug.

"Niyathi!" He mumbled again.

I understood what just he said and looked around. People are staring at us. I then realised that we are in Hospital Canteen.

"Sameer" I tried to smile a bit.

"Let us go somewhere, Where we can talk freely" He insisted.

"Okay," I said meekly nodding at his suggestion.

Preeti came ran to me and stood there watching at us with a pale face.

I looked Sameer asking him to give a moment to talk to her.

He took two steps back asking me to talk with her.

She came to me whispered something in my ear. I squeezed my eyes shut swallowing the sob that escaped from my mouth.

I wanted to grab his collar and ask him everything on his face but I am helpless, He never made things easy for me. I don't want to mess the things again.

"Go, He is waiting for you" Preeti pushed me a bit shaking my shoulder a bit fervently.

I gave a fake grin and went to Sameer with a saddened heart.

I know he is observing my every move, he has seen my saddened face.

"Niyathi" He gently called my name.

I went to his side and we walked out of the Hospital to Parking area.

None of us is ready to speak, I don't want to cry in front of him.

Sameer opened the door and sat beside him, driver's seat without a word.

"All your questions will be answered." He declared surprising me.

I didn't say anything but sat there watching him, his handsome face.

"I want to tell you one thing Niyathi, What you have seen, What you have heard need not be true all the time." He halted the car in front of an apartment.

"I know you are hesitant to ask me but It's my responsibility to tell you everything." He got down from the car and opened the door for me.

I too got down from the car, looking at his tired face.

To be continued...