Chapter-7

Niyathi's POV

I sighed and looked away, I am waiting for Sameer to meet me. I fell in love with him again, I fell for him again, this was the thing I am afraid of all the time. The moment I saw Suneetha aunty, Sameer's mother in the elevator, I tried to hide my face, I couldn't do that to another human, a patient, who is in trouble.

I had a doubt whether it was she, Suneetha aunty? But I got my doubt cleared once I saw Sameer's photo in her handbag. She has changed a lot. She lost oodles of weight, got dark circles around her eyes, really She has changed a lot.

I took her to the ward of Pulmonology and left there. My heart is pestering me to see her and learn about her health issues but my mind is stopping me, it doesn't want me to know about him, It doesn't want my heart to undergo the same agony again and again. It took a year for my poor heart to move on, If his murky side crumbs and crushes my lovely present.

I started to dwell on that past, Tears made my vision blur, my breath hitched, I am choking all of a sudden, I felt like seeing Sameer at this moment, I want to know about him, how he is doing? I got overwhelmed with his memories, with his smile.

I am striding down the parking area, to get out of the hospital campus as soon as possible.

I almost ran away from here yesterday, but my heart says that today, Suneetha aunty will be there at the exit waiting for me. I was feeling guilty all the time for avoiding her, still, I don't want to get hurt again.

"Niyathi...!" I heard a very familiar voice calling me. I know it's she, whom I have been avoiding for the past two days.

I didn't speak but looked around to see her, I saw her standing there in front of me of the bike with a pale face, Her eyes are hiding so many emotions, they are so scary and very sad at the same time.

I gulped down my saliva in fear, but why I am feeling nervous? I didn't do any crime? But why I am feeling guilty?

Did do anything wrong?

Did I misunderstand him?

Did my brain deceive me?

I felt sad and slumped there on the floor on my knees.

She came to me making hefty steps and hugged me.

She made me stood up and I couldn't relieve myself from her warm hug.

I felt like hugging my mom again.

She patted my shoulders assuring me that she will be there for me all the time.

I smile at her briefly and She kissed my forehead.

"Let us go," She asked gently pressing my hand.

I looked at her and my bike in confusion.

"Come with me" She showed me her car.

I don't know why I couldn't say "no" to her.

I am simply accepting and nodding at everything she is saying.

"Hu..." I burst into tears and walked behind her with a pale smile.

She asked the driver to move soon we both got into the car.

We sat there for the whole ride in eerie of silence, I am crying all the time.

I didn't say anything to anyone, I hide and buried that nightmare in myself with a heavy heart, her mere presence reminded me everything in a blink of an eye.

I started feeling the love for him again, my eyes are craving to see him, see his smile.

"Niyathi" She spoke breaking my chain of thoughts.

I saw the car halted in front of an apartment.

"Come...!" She spoke very gently.

I nodded and she took me to her flat.

She made me sit in the hall and went inside to bring some coffee for me, She knows how much I love coffee.

"Coffee..!" She offered me a mug of coffee.

I took into my hand and sat there feeling the warmth in her affection.

"You used to talk a lot to me when you were a kid, now you are running away from me..." She complained like a kid.

Tears brimmed in my eyes listening to her words. I realised I am crying profusely.

"You used to call me mom...." I felt her words scoffing me.

"I am sorry.....mom..." I sat my knees and placed my head on her lap.

"Shh.....Stop crying..." She said patting my shoulder and running her fingers through my hair.

"I want to say one thing, I don't know what had happened between you and Sameer but I want to assure you that I will be there with you every time." She said in a motherly tone.

I simply nodded my head and looked at her.

"You know you used to come to our house when you were young, as a teenager. You used to spend a lot of time with me. But one day you suddenly disappeared and stopped communicating with this mom. I have waited a long to meet you. When I saw you again at the hospital I felt you would talk to me again but my child ran away from me making me feel sad..." She stopped and looked into my eyes.

"I am sorry mom..." I caught her hand and apologised her.

"Shh...." She wiped my tears and pinched my cheeks.

I smiled a bit making her smile.

I felt happy but this time I feel I need a person to share my pain, my agony.

I know who is it?!...