Chapter-25

Niyathi's POV

I am waiting for my Dad to come home. He went to the hospital at this odd hour for an emergency.

I asked him to ask one of his juniors to handle the situations but didn't heed my words.

I am somewhat worried about his health, these days he looks so tired and physically exhausted at the end of the day.

I know he is getting old everyday but It's hard to see him becoming fragile day by day.

He needs retirement, I sighed and sat there looking at his picture on the wall with a pale face.

"Come in, Sa...." I heard Dad's voice booming voice on the other side of the word.

I walked to the door and opened it quickly, holding my heart. What did he say? Sameer!.

My heart skipped its breath to see Sameer standing there with Dad.

Why did he come with dad at this time? Is everything okay? I looked at them, their faces one after the other. Their faces fall off and look so tired.

I looked at Sameer very keenly from top to toes. He is sweating profusely and panting.

What is he wearing? Why was his shirt stained with blood?

My eyes and mouth agape in shock.

"Sameer" I gulped down a sob.

I looked into his eyes for a second.

He looks so tired and very much exhausted.

He is begging me with his eyes.

I didn't say except stood there averting my gaze to hide my fear, disappointment.

"Niyathi, I am okay" He understood me and spoke with a small smile trying to hide his happiness.

Finally, I called him with his name giving up my displeasure, anger.

He smiled and chuckled making Dad surprise at his actions.

"Sameer is perfectly fine, Niyu. Don't worry." Dad took a step and ruffled my hair smiling at us both.

I smiled at Dad a bit hesitantly, trying to hide my face, blush on my cheeks.

"Hu...hu" Sameer faked a cough acknowledging us his presence.

"Come in, Sameer" Dad caught his shoulder and patted it gently.

"Yuck, I smell like fish, ..Ahhh. It's too sticky......" I heard Sameer's mumbling to himself.

"Please prepare dinner for both of us, Niyu. I am really hungry." Uncle said gently placing his hand on her cheek.

"I have already made dinner for us. You go and fresh up"Niyathi said nodding at him.

"No need Niyathi, I have to go, It's too late, Mom will be waiting for me"

"Uncle, please, I have to go" He stood there scratching his neck and wriggling, struggling a bit.

"Sameer, You need a quick shower. It's not good for you to stay in those clothes for a long time" My Dad said with a small smile on his lips.

"Niyu, Show him the guest room," Dad said in a serious tone.

"Sameer, It's not good for you to go to your home like this. Mom will be worried to see you like this. " He smiled at Sameer gently.

I caught Sameer looking at me from the corner of his eye. We both stood there looking at each other with blank faces.

Why are you are making things so difficult for me Dad? I looked at with a sulky face.

Dad smiled and went to his room leaving me alone with Sameer.

We both stood there in silence for a second.

"Is everything okay?" I looked at his shirt screening every inch of it.

"I am fine Niyathi," He said slowly peeping into my eyes.

"Come with me" I looked away trying to avoid his gaze.

He is stealing glances at me trying his best to initiate a conversation.

I didn't want to talk to him anything right now but to be frank, I am a bit worried about him and so desperate to know why his shirt got stained with blood?

We reached the guest room and I opened the door quietly.

He stood there and smiled at me.

I didn't smile but showed him the room.

He entered the room and stood there glancing every corner.

I walked to the cupboard and opened it gently. I picked up a towel and a pair of casuals and placed them on the bed.

He looked at me suspiciously raising his eyebrow with hands crossed over his chest.

"Vijay left them here" I answered his unspoken question, He nodded at my answer and twirled around.

I waited for him for a second, While I answered his unspoken question, I badly wanted him to answer my unspoken question too.

But he simply went into the washroom without a word smashing the door making a big sound.

I closed my eyes, clenched my first and stood there trying to control my anger.

"I am leaving, Freshen up and got down, Dad will be waiting for you for dinner" I shouted at him.

"Okay!" I heard him back from the washroom.

I got down and started arranging dinner for both of them. My thoughts are wandering around his shirt, why blood stains? Who's blood is it? Is he in any danger? My heart is thumping a bit fast.

To be continued.

Guys sorry! I truly don't have time to update.

Sorry if I have made you wait

It's a long chapter, several twists are waiting for you to surprise. I wrote a small part of it, rest to b continued.

Please vote and comment

Tq