Chapter-16

Sameer's POV

She is standing there in the balcony with a peaceful face.

I sat there in the chair looking at her with a smile on my face.

She showed me her room and took me to the balcony of her room.

It is a small room which is neatly arranged according to her taste. I loved the black and white patterns all over the room. I can see only two colour in the room they are black and white.

I couldn't believe that I am in her house, in her room.

This is truly a blissful day.

She is staring at the stars standing beside me clasping her hand with mine.

I just want to kiss her and confess my love to her right now.

"Why did you drink like that last night?" She asked me suddenly crossing her hands over her chest.

I didn't say anything but lowered my head in guilt.

"I saw your name in the list of blood donors, there you mentioned that you drink very rarely, that too a social drinker." She looked into my eyes with suspicion.

"It will be last time in my life Niyathi, I promise. I won't cross my limit." I barely whispered.

She just nodded meekly and continued.

"Don't worry Sameer, I no longer have any fear towards alcohols and drugs."

"You can drink but you have to take care of your health. Too much of alcohol spoils your health" She smiled.

I just hugged her quickly. She truly doesn't know what I am feeling now. How much relieved I am? She lifted up the weight of guilt over my shoulders.

We stood there in each other's arms for a few minutes. It is a heavenly feeling.

It is an eternal moment. I placed my forehead gently against her forehead and our lips are just a few inches away from.

"Niyathi" I called her name affectionately.

"I love you Niyathi, I love you so much," I said kissing her cheek.

"I love you too Sameer." She too confessed her love without any hesitation.

I felt extremely happy and I don't want to relieve her from my arms.

I have waited for this moment for years.

My eyes became moist instantly and the tears brimmed over.

She placed her head on my chest and her arms are embracing my waist tightly.

"Niyathi" I cooed her name in her ear. tugging a few strands of hair behind it.

"Sameer" She placed her hand on my cheek and stood there gently rubbing it.

"Why did you take this much time to accept my love?" I asked a bit hesitantly.

She looked at me with a frightened face.

"Niyathi" I am worried to see her shock written face.

She was extremely happy a second ago, now what made look so horrified.

Did I ask a wrong question at a wrong time?

She gulped audibly and trying hard to open her mouth.

I am still holding her tightly in my arms, I don't want to release her that easily.

I am craving to hold her, kiss her, confess my feelings to her. She was rejecting me all the time with her words and actions. I need to learn the reason.

"Sameer" She pushed me away fervently and so suddenly.

I am shocked by her refusal. Why is she pushing me away all the time though she loves me? She came to my office to meet me and confess her love. But she didn't turn up. She was there when I was poisoned but she didn't save me. She left me there without a word at our first meeting. What's the problem with her? I feel bad to get rejected again and again.

A seconds ago she was hugging me with all the love and affection, now she is pushing me away with moist eyes. Why is she behaving like this?

What did happen that day? I stood there staring at stars.

She stood there panting and puffing, a lone tear escaped from the corner of her eye.

"I am sorry...I am sorry" She is stammering.

I looked into her eyes lowering my head a bit. I cupped her cheeks and kissed her forehead.

She gave an artificial smile trying to show me everything is okay.

"Niyathi, Are you okay? I know it's your home and you might have felt uncomfortable. I am sorry" I placed my arm around her shoulder.

She looked at me in fear, She is crushing my heart with her actions.

"What is disturbing you Niyathi?" I spoke gently, controlling my anger of rejection. I feel like killing myself to get rejected again and again.

Whenever I try to be intimate with her whenever I try to confess my love she pushes me away with hatred and fear in her eyes. She loves me and she wants me in her life but why the hell she is afraid of me?

Niyathi really doesn't know that she is complicating the things very much.

She hurts me a lot all the time.

I turned around and stood there placing my hands in my pockets. I am simply staring at stars and city lights. I don't want to talk about anything. I love her and she loves me too, that's enough for now.

I want to enjoy this moment happily. After all, we have waited for years to confess this to each other.

This time she didn't run away.

She took two steps ahead and stood beside me holding my hand tightly, placing her head on my shoulder.

"I am sorry Sameer, I don't want to hurt you" Tears are rolling over her cheek.

I wiped her tears and cupped her cheeks.

"I love you Niyathi and you love me too. I don't want to think about anything right now. Let us enjoy this moment first. Let us forget all the things at least for a few days. We have a whole life to sort out these issues." I declared without a second thought.

She smiled at me tightening her grip over my shoulder. We stood there for more than half an hour holding hand in hand staring at stars and moon.