Chapter-18

Niyathi's POV

I am sitting on my bed in my room with a pale tear-stained face. I am staring at the wall opposite me with an empty mind, I can feel how exhausted I am both mentally and physically. It's more than enough now. I definitely need a break. I don't want to go into depression again.

I don't want to think about him, I don't want to listen to anything from him, at least not at this moment. I want to spend some time alone, with me, myself away from the thoughts of Sameer.

A fresh round of tears escaped from my eyes. Finally, I felt that I got some time for myself, my wavering mind. No one is there in the house as everyone went to a party. 

I gave a lame excuse, headache and stayed at home as I want to spend some time for myself.

I looked at my mobile which is ringing continuously. I ignored it and switched it off quickly. I know who is it? I don't want to listen to his words now.

I laid down and tried to close my eyes. I want to sleep for a while. I want to forget everything at least for a while.

I am about to sleep but listening to some weird sounds I got up twitching from mild sleep.

I looked around and walked towards the hall to see what just happened.

House looked so quiet and serene.

I took a deep sigh and walked back to my room and sat there on my bed.

My gaze fell on the mobile which is lying beside my bed. I switched it on hesitantly.

I saw several missed calls and several messages from Sameer.

I kept it aside quickly and looked away.

It is rattling continuously.

I took it into my hand quickly and opened few messages. Sameer sent almost a hundred messages. I opened it after a second and started reading it.

"I am sorry Niyathi, Please talk to me"

"Please pick up the phone Niyathi, I deserve a chance to speak, share my opinion."

"I love you Niyathi, I love you so much. Punish me and kill me if you want but don't stop talking to me. It hurts a lot."

"I know you are angry with me, show it in actions, words but please don't avoid me. Please"

"You don't know how much I love you Niyathi, I love you more than myself."

"Your silence is killing me, please pick the phone once, I beg you Niyathi"

I kept on reading them and my eyes brimmed with tears. I was sobbing all the time and now I feel so hard to open eyes and look at the things in front of me.

I felt a sharp pain on the sides of my temples and it is making so difficult for me to open my eyes.

I kept the mobile aside and sat there pressing my temple gently.

I took the medicine into my hand and gulped it down with some water.

I closed my eyes and sat there quietly, gently massaging my temple with my fingers.

"Niyathi" I heard someone whispering into my ear slowly after some time.

I looked around and saw Sameer.

My eyes widened in shock and I blinked them a few times continuously.

I saw him there standing in front of my bed with a sad face. His eyes are intense red and he looks so tired.

"Sameer" I tried to stand up, got stumbled and fell down.

He rushed to me, caught me in time.

I looked at his face, his eyes. He didn't speak anything but made me sit.

I sat calmly there on my bed cross-legged.

He sat beside me and started to apply the balm gently with his fingers.

He is massaging my forehead very gently.

I didn't talk but caught his hand firmly asking him to stop.

"Shh...!" He glared at me.

I looked at him wiping my tears.

"Why are hurting yourself like this? You need to talk to me and punish me if you are angry with me. Switching off the phone, and sitting here alone in the dark won't make things fell in their place." He is mumbling at me.

I don't know what to ask him now?

What should I ask? Should I ask him why she kissed him? Should I ask why was she with him on the day? Should I ask what were they both doing in his cabin at that time?

I sat there digging glares at him.

"Niyathi, I am sorry. I know you are hurt" He paused and looked at me.

"But believe me there is nothing between us as you think." He cupped my face.

"I accept that she was my friend once but now I despise her the most. She is a selfish bitch, she wants me at any cost despite knowing the fact that love you with all my heart." He rested his forehead against mine.

"She has been playing these cheap tricks all the time to grab my attention. I know it's the limit. I will definitely show her what I am" He said squeezing his eyes shut and few tears escaped from his eyes.

I didn't talk but sat there staring at him, listening to his words carefully.

"Niyathi, Please say something. I am thriving to listen to your voice once" He caught my hands and sat on his knees.

He searched the pockets of his black denim blazer quickly and pulled something out of them. He brought a piece of sandwich wrapped gently in a paper cover.

"I know you are starving, Please eat this." He begged me taking a piece from the sandwich and tried to feed me.

I turned away soon he placed a piece near my mouth.

"Niyathi, Please"He placed the piece in my mouth quickly, wrapping a hand around my waist firmly.

I don't have the energy to fight with him. He is feeding me quickly holding me with his arm around my waist. I finished eating it quickly as I am truly hungry. He smiled a bit and left me free.

I sat there looking at him without a word.

"Niyathi, Please talk to me. Please." He placed his head on my lap and embraced his arms around my legs. He is literally begging me like a child. A small smile crept on my lips. He loves me a lot, I can see it through his words and actions.

We don't know how much time did we spend like that in utter silence. None of us is ready to leave other.

But soon I saw him drifting into sleep mumbling my name.

I felt sad to see him like that. He looks so worried and I can see how my every single reaction affects him. I smiled at my thought.

I looked at Sameer again and I too slept moving a bit back and placing my head on the bedpost, patting Sameer's shoulder gently.