Chapter-15

Sameer's POV

I got ready quickly and drove my car to Niyathi's house. Mom sat calmly beside me throughout the drive observing my every move, every expression.

She is happy for me, her eyes are telling me everything.

I halted it in front of a cosy apartment.

We both got down and walked towards the elevator. I am feeling so nervous. I am going to meet her family. I am going to see her dad after a long time.

We finally reached the third floor and we are here, standing in front of their house.

My heart is thumping fast and I can hear it.

I rang the bell and stood there waiting for someone to open the door.

I closed my eyes quickly soon I heard someone opening the door.

"Aunty, Sameer. Please come in" I heard a sweet voice.

I felt an urge to open my eyes slowly to see Niyathi. She is standing in front of us wearing a baby pink colour saree, She is so beautiful as an angel.

I truly forgot to blink my eyes for a second.

I stood there like a rock adorning her beauty, She looked so naive and heavenly, like an angel I said. I just want this moment to stop for eternity.

"Hai Niyathi," I heard Swathi Bhabi's voice booming from behind dragging me out of the trance. Niyathi! What are you doing to me?

I turned around to see Bhaiya and Bhabi standing with Pihu.

I realised my mistake and bite my lip in embarrassment.

I don't know how much time I stood there like a rock adoring her beauty. I moved aside and give them a way to get in.

Prateek Bhaiya patted my back and chuckled at me. Swati Bhabi is glaring at Prateek to stop chuckling at me. Truly, she is a saviour sometimes.

Everyone got inside and It took a second for me to get out of the trance.

Jayathi, Niyathi's elder sister came and greeted all of us.

I saw Niyathi standing there at a corner blushing and smiling at me.

Jayathi is so busy in introducing her two-year-old son Nikhil to us. It's his birthday today.

Soon her father joined us and he is talking to everyone very politely.

Both the sisters are a bit busy with greeting guests. It seems they haven't invited many people except Jayathi's in-laws and a few of their colleagues.

Suddenly the guy who saved Niyathi last night appeared in front of us.

I felt intrigued to know about him. I felt a pang of jealous when I saw him talking to her.

Jayathi grabbed his hand and came smiling towards us holding his hand firmly.

My eyes searched for Prateek Bhaiya and He too looked a bit surprised to see him there with Jayathi.

"Hi, I am Vijay. I am Jayathi's Husband," He introduced himself with a broad smile on his lips.

I saw Niyathi standing there with her father and watching us smiling happily.

He talked to everyone very politely and greeted everyone with a tantalising smile.

I am shocked to learn that he is her brother in law and I am sure he was the one who saved her last night. I felt relieved for a second.

He looks so jovial and he shares a good relationship with his father in law.

Niyathi talks to him freely and even call him with his name sometimes. They are like Tom and Jerry.

They both tease each other a lot in front of everyone. Jayathi looks fine with it. He shares a cordial relationship with everyone in the family.

I felt jealous all of a sudden though I know she is more like a sister to him.

Maybe I am hurt because she doesn't talk to me freely the way she talks with him, with others.

Maybe I am hurt because he knows her more than I know her.

My face fell in disappointment and I sat there at a corner trying to stay calm.

Suddenly Vijay came and sat beside me trying to smile at me.

"Hai" He greeted me offering apple juice.

I smiled back at him and took it into my hand.

"Sameer, Finally I could see you and talk to you." He is searching for words to start the conversation.

"Oh!" I nodded at him hiding the surprise.

"I heard a lot about you through these sisters," He said sipping the juice in his hand.

"I heard Niyathi used to say a lot about you from her school days. She has a secret crush on you. Jayati said" He said smiling broadly. I wonder how could he carry that pleasant smile all the time.

I smiled at his words as I truly don't know what to say, his words are too good to hear.

"You know, these sisters are very sensitive, It took five years for me to convenience Jayati for marriage. Don't worry Niyati won't take more than a month, she is a sweetheart." He laughed.

I too chuckled at his words and said

"Hope so,"

"She loves you with all her heart, She is very shy and innocent to express it," He said a bit seriously.

We sat there in silence, I can sense seriousness in his voice.

"I don't know what had happened between you both before a year, Suddenly she looked lost and shattered, She stopped talking to everyone and used to cry a lot for petty things. We felt we lost her completely. We can't console her." He closed his eyes for a second.

"Dad got worried about her and asked both of us Jayati and me to take care of her." His words are stabbing my heart.

"It took a year for her to become normal but she wasn't happy at all."

"You know we realised you are the only one who can make her happy."

"Please, Being a brother I want my little sister to be happy forever. Please take care of her, her feelings. She loves you a lot." He sighed and gulped the drink at once.

My eyes became moist and It took a second to become normal.

I looked at the person in front of me.

He heaved a sigh and tried to smile at ise you I will take care of her all the time, Don't worry," I said sincerely.

"Thank you" He embraced me in a big warm hug and punched my shoulder.

We saw Niyathi coming towards us with a tensed face.

She came and stood in front of us, trying her best to smile.

"Don't worry, I didn't spill the beans yet, you can smile happily," Vijay said pinching her cheeks.

"Stupid" She muttered under her breath.

"I will talk to you later once the party is over. You and your sister have to apologise me for this, otherwise, you don't know what I will do" He walked away from there twirling her ear.

"Ah..!" She looked at him with a sulky face.

"Hu..hu.." I faked a cough trying to grab her attention.

"Sameer" At last we both found some time to spend alone.

"Would like to have some fresh air? Will you come With me?" She asked me quickly.

"Sure" I smiled and we walked to the balcony together.