Chapter-35

Sameer's POV

"Are you sure?" I asked him again and again.

"Yes, sir!" He said and nodded his head looking at me with a pale smile.

I placed a bundle of fresh currency notes in his hand and signed at him to leave.

"Manohar" I looked at the picture on my phone and spell his name again and again.

Where did I see him? I have seen him somewhere? I couldn't remember. I sat there thinking for half an hour more.

"Sameer" I heard a very familiar voice and suddenly a smile danced on my lips.

"Niyathi" I tilted my head and looked at my wife, my Niyu standing there in front of me with a calm face, void of any expression.

I didn't expect her here after the last night conversation. I know we both crossed our limits and blabbered whatever came to our sense.

One of us should have taught above the things what had happened earlier.

Now no use, Words once are spoken can't be taken back.

I came back to my senses and looked at the door to see whether he has left the place or not.

I am really worried now what if Niyu has seen him?

I quickly looked away and gazed at the entrance to assure my self.

"What are you looking at?" She turned a bit and asked me looking at the entrance for a second.

"No one, Nothing." I stood and walked towards her.

"I am sorry" She whispered.

"What?!" I lowered my head a bit and asked her hiding my surprise.

I never expected a sorry from her after that argument. We both didn't have a proper sleep. We felt like strangers all the time avoiding each other's glances.

I woke up and saw her in slumber sleep. Her stained eyes broke my heart. I took a refreshing bath and walked away without talking to her as I don't want to prolong the conversation and get hurt again and again.

"I said I am sorry" She whispered again trying to meet my gaze.

We looked at each other for a second but I didn't dare to talk.

I am at the verge of crying and being a man my ego is not letting me do it. I am completely exhausted because of this series of misunderstandings.

Are we happy? Why can't we be like any normal couple? Though we love each other so madly we hardly trust each other. We fail miserably in conveying our opinions.

What we have imagined and what the hell is happening?

We loved each other and imagined our lives as a beautiful fairy tale. We promised to spend our life together and growing old holding hand in hand, but what is just happening is the exact opposite.

"Sameer" She looked at me with guilt.

I took my goggles and wore it to hide my bloody tears. I know it's not our house.

"Niyathi, I have a meeting to attend," I said trying to avoid her gaze.

"Sameer.." She looked a bit stressed and wants to say something.

"Niyathi" I cupped her face and kissed her forehead.

A lone tear escaped from her eyes.

"Don't worry, Forget everything." .

"I have urgent work, I will talk to you later. Niyu" I patted her shoulder and hugged her

She hugged me back instantly,quivering like a pigeon.

I gently caressed her back and felt her relaxing in my arms.

We stood there in each other's arms for a while.

I know we need some time to spend together to pamper ourselves.

"Niyu," I called her slowly releasing her from my hug.

"What just happened had happened. I promise you that I will give you enough time and space." I said caressing her hair.

She didn't speak anything, she looks so pale.

"Niyu" I called her name and smiled a bit in return.

It hurt me, Isn't this she wanted?

It looks like she wants to say something to me.

"Sir, We are getting late" I looked at the message popped out in my mobile.

It was sent by my P.A. and I found him waiting for me outside of my cabin.

I heaved a sigh and looked away.

"Why me?" I questioned.

Here Niyathi is standing in front of me with teary eyes thriving so hard to say something. There I have to go and meet my clients who came a long way to meet me and fix the deal.

I stood there scratching my chin.

"Go!" I heard Niyathi whispering in a tired and pale tone.

"Don't worry about me." She smiled with a pale face.

"Love you" I gave a peck on her lips for a second keeping away all the prejudices and thoughts aside and left my cabin with a smile.

I saw the reflection of Niyu watching me with a pale smile in the mirror.

"I am sorry Niyu, I am helpless" I texted quickly and walked away without looking at her.

I couldn't stop scolding myself for leaving my Niyu alone there in my cabin. The whole drive to the Hotel where my clients reside was so gloomy and restless.

I didn't pay any heed to my P.A's words. He got it and sat in utter silence.

Finally, we reached the hotel and started the meeting. I couldn't concentrate on the meeting all the times, my thoughts were revolving around Niyu.

Her pale face, teary eyes, guilt filled eyes, quivering lips what all I could see in the projector before me.

I don't know how I controlled myself for this one hour. It was the toughest meeting I have attended so far.

I walked out of the conference hall with a heavy heart.

Without a second thought, I walked to cellar keeping aside all my assignments and guests.

I picked my phone and trying to reach Niyu. She isn't picking my call.

Suddenly someone caught my attention. I saw him again, stalking me.

I saw Manohar stalking me, capturing my every activity.

What the hell he is doing?

I couldn't stand his actions anymore.

I started walking towards him, he looked a bit worried. It seems he caught my intention.

But in a blink of an eye, in the very next second, I saw a person approaching him.

She came to him and gave a bundle of money and started begging him.

I closed my eyes and took a sigh to control my pain.

I don't know how to control my tears, my pain, my agony.

What is she doing here?

Why is she talking to him?

To be continued...