Chapter-8

Sameer's POV

"Are you sure?" I asked Prateek Bhaiya again checking my reflection in the mirror.

I am going to meet Niyathi today. I can't say no to mom and I don't want to disappoint her.

But my heart doesn't want to meet her, I don't want to see the true her. She is no more an angel, She is not.

"Yes!" Prateek said nodding his head defending my thoughts.

"She left me there mercilessly in such a fragile situation..." I mumbled avoiding his gaze.

"Come on...!" Prateek dragged me and made me sit beside him on the couch.

"What is your problem Sameer?" Prateek Bhaiya asked me in a serious tone this time.

"I don't know..." I shook my head and looked at him with teary eyes.

"Be a man.." He patted my shoulder.

"My heart denies seeing her true face, she is ruthless and stone-hearted..."I said with a heavy heart.

" Do you know what exactly had happened that day?" Prateek looked at me void of any emotion. I couldn't read his expression.

"I don't know..." I felt ashamed for the first time, maybe I have mistaken her, I felt relieved all of a sudden.

"I have heard you calling her stone hearted all the time and I never stopped you but I think this is the high time to talk to you. Why would she leave you like that? Moreover, she is a doctor and would you think she would leave a patient in such a condition? Why would she? Tell me" Prateek asked in a very stern tone.

I am truly speechless. Maybe her rejection killed me, sweet soft Sameer whom everyone adores and love at most.

"You have no answer...."Prateek sighed.

"Look at me...!" He demanded as I looked away.

"Listen, Stop dwelling on past, Take a breath and look at the present, Your life has given you another chance, your love has returned to you again, very few are so lucky to find love again. Don't think rubbish." He is very honest.

I simply nodded back at him.

"A day remained as a mystery in your life, try to find the truth behind it instead of blaming Niyathi all the time. Have you ever tried to find what had happened? And who had done this? You stopped all of us from finding the truth and you buried yourself in a deep trench with closed eyes and deaf ears " His words are stabbing my heart.

I shook my head and sat there thinking about her, her innocent face.

"What again?" He scowled.

"Nothing!" I tried to smile a bit.

"Being a big brother, I don't want my younger brother to commit any mistake, I don't want him to brood over the gloomy past." He said with a wan smile.

"Thank you" I hugged him.

"Here is your favourite perfume.." Swathi Bhabi entered the room suddenly.

We both our tried best to look normal and smile at her.

No one knows what exactly had happened that day, I didn't want to tell them too as I myself was unaware of the truth and mystery.

But my heart needed a person to share my pain, my agony. Prateek was there for me all the time, as a friend and as a brother. He is the only one who knows the little bit true along with me.

"You look so nervous" Swathi Bhabi looked at us both suspiciously.

"He is asking me some tips about love and winning a girl's heart" Prateek smirked at Swathi Bhabi.

"Not again..." She shook her head and sat beside me.

"Really, you have to believe it..." He said raising his brow and with the same smirk on his lips.

"Okay I believe you" She sat frowning and shrugging her shoulders.

"I am feeling nervous to see her after a long" I mumbled a bit shyly holding Bhabhi's hand.

"You are blushing," She said pinching my cheek.

"Swathi...." Prateek gave a very quirky expression.

"Sorry...!" Swathi Bhabi got angry and walked away.

Prateek laughed at her antics heartily and followed her like a good husband pleading his wife with his puppy eyes.

I sat there seeing at their smiles and laughs.

I too dreamt a beautiful life with Niyathi.

Is life-giving me another chance to make my dream true? I don't know what is written there for me in my fate but I truly love Niyathi with my heart but her rejection triggered my ego, she rejected me, stabbing my heart, crushing it into pieces. Her actions spoke louder than her words.

Maybe I was mistaken? Maybe I am not?

I stood up and waved at us them both and walked towards my car.

I saw both of them waving at me with a smile on their faces.

I hope this meeting will change my life.