Chapter-29

Niyathi's POV

"Are you sure?"I asked again.

"Yes!" Preeti my friend confirmed again.

"But...." I trailed off.

"Niyathi, Stop all this investigation and get ready it's your engagement today, Please" She is begging me.

"Preeti...."I stopped soon I heard someone knocking the door.

I cut the call walked to the door to open it. Jayathi is standing in front of me with a broad smile holding a cup of coffee.

I looked at the clock and shocked to see it's almost 7 in the morning.

"Niyathi, My baby." My sister, Jayathi came with Vijay.

Soon I open the door she embraced me in a big warm hug and cupped my cheeks.

Vijay too kissed my forehead gently.

They both stood there adoring me.

"Sis, Vijay" I both hugged them again.

"You have grown up so fast. My baby sister is getting engaged today" Jayathi said swallowing a sob.

"Jaya, Please" Vijay placed his hand over her shoulder and patted it gently.

"We are getting late, go and get ready, quick, quick" Jayathi wiped her tears and pinched my cheek.

"Here is your dress, I packed all the stuff last night itself while you were busy in chatting with Sameer" She gave a fake glare.

I gave a pale smile, I didn't talk to Sameer last night, I was chatting with Preeti, What she just told me last night almost brought me a heart attack. I didn't sleep last night.

What did she say?

"It's cocaine, The packet in Sameer's Shirt is cocaine. The sample which I got from his office, his cabin is also cocaine."

"His friend, Swapna was using his name to buy this drug, they were delivering the product to Sameer's office all the time."

"The only positive thing is that Sameer is a blood donor and he was tested negative for drugs."

I closed my eyes for a second trying to hold those bloody years brimmed in my eyes.

"Niyathi, my sis" Jayathi wiped a small tear escaped from my eye and hugged me from the side.

"Wait.." Vijay took his cell phone and captured this moment.

"You both truly don't know how cute and innocent you are?"He took another picture.

We both laughed at his compliment.

"Lovely" He showed us the picture and stood there smiling at us.

"Niyu, you are getting late, Move.." Jayathi caught my hand and pushed me into the washroom, throwing a towel on my face.

I smiled at her love, I am very fortunate to have such a loving family.

I got ready and went down.

I saw dad seeing at me with gleam eyes. He came to me and kissed my forehead.

"Dad" I hugged him crying.

"Sh...!" He shushed me and placed his hand on my head.

"You look so beautiful, you look like you mom" He chocked.

It's hard for me to hold my tears.

We both stood there holding our hands looking at each other.

"I don't know when did my baby girl grow into a beautiful bride" He smiled.

"We are getting late," Vijay appeared from nowhere along with Jayathi and Nikhil.

"Niyu, Come"Dad forwarded his hand and we all smiled at his happiness.

We all reached the function hall in time and waiting for Sameer and his family.

"They just came" Jayathi came shouting to my room.

"I couldn't believe that we are getting engaged..:)"

"Can't wait to see my Niyu dolled up as a bride"

" Finally, The wait is over, Reached the hall."

I opened my Whatsapp to see 10 or messages from Sameer.

I ignored them and sat there looking at my reflection in the mirror.

I am wearing a royal blue colour lehenga and matching jewellery.

I looked very much different from my own self. I never wanted to wear heavy makeup and jewellery but I did it today. I am feeling very different and great.

"They are calling you," Jayathi is clapping in joy.

"Come, come, come"She came to me, stood beside me holding my hand.

She accompanied me to the mandap and left me on the first step.

Sameer came forward and offered me his hand. I caught it and looked straight into his eyes.

He smiled at me sighing dreamily. He looked lost in his own world. His hands are trembling and I tightened my grip over it.

He smiled at me looking at our clasped hands.

Everyone clapped soon we stood together on the stage.

Pandit Ji recited few chantings and our elders performed few rituals. We sat there stealing glances at each other. Sameer so nervous and everyone can see it.

Prateek Bhaiya and Krithik Bhaiya are making fun of Sameer all the time.

Still, they defend him very well. Truly they all share a very healthy and awesome relationship.

Finally, the time came, we are given rings. We stood there looking at each other with a smile.

Sameer looked so nervous, I never saw him like this before, I find him so cute and innocent. He felt really happy to see his parents together after a long time.

He took my hand, still his hand is trembling, he fumbled for a second and placed it sucessfully.

I took his hand into mine and placed the ring into his ring finger.

Everyone clapped at us and we smiled at each other, celebration all over.

Everyone is smiling at us, congratulating us.

I felt really happy yet a part me is still worried.

I looked at Sameer quickly, He is smiling at everyone with a blush on his cheeks.

He is looking devilishly handsome yet so cute, I wanted to pinch his cheek.

Finally, Pandit Ji announced a Muhurath for our marriage.

We will be getting married with in a one month. I looked at Sameer, only one month left to become his wife.

Hai friends How are you?

Finally they got engaged.

Wrote two chapters in a day.

Updated both my books.

Hope you like them.
Thank you
Please do vote and comment.

Good night