Chapter-19

Niyathi's POV

I felt a bit relieved soon I opened my eyes. Unlike last night now I could open my eyes fully without any pain. I could see the bright light normally. I sighed in relief.

I looked around and saw a few sun rays striking my face through the window. Averting my gaze towards the opposite wall I checked the time in the clock dangling to it. It's almost 7 in the morning.

I sat on my bed and started to think what had happened yesterday? Sameer came here to see and talk to me, he even fed me something. A smile crept on my lips instantly. Why am I smiling? I have to be angry with him for his craziness, right?

I looked for him all around the room. but he is not here anywhere. As it's already 7 in the morning he must have left my room early in the morning.

I stood up from my bed and looked at my reflection in the mirror. My eyes got dark circles and the messy curls of my hair made it look more frizzy. My tear stained cheeks are bloodshot eyes make me look like a zombie. I hated my reflection. This is not me.

I shook my head and felt sad to see myself in such a fragile situation. I feared of drowning myself into depression again. I shouldn't be like this, I tried to convince myself and come out of my insecurities.

"Niyathi" I heard Dad shouting my name in a cheerful tone. I smiled instantly.

My heart skipped its beat for a second. I rushed into the washroom and washed my face again and again until the cold water removed the tear stains on my cheek.

I took a second to brush my hair and make it into a small bun. I wore my chappals and walked out of the room wearing an artificial grin on my lips.

"Niyathi" Dad called my name again making me rush towards the hall.

"Good morning" He greeted me soon I entered the hall. I saw Sameer sitting beside dad, smiling at me with a bright face.

Still, I can see how tired he is? His eyes are trying hard to resist the sleep. I chocked at my thought, I felt truly guilty for a second.

"Good morning Dad," I greeted him back and faked a glare at Sameer.

He smirked at me and raised his eyebrow.

"Sameer came early in the morning to meet you. He wants to talk to you something" He said smiling at Sameer.

I looked at them both one after the other with a blank face. Now, what's his plan?

"Good morning Niyathi, Seems you didn't have a good sleep last night. You look so pale" Sameer said something which I haven't expected at all.

"Niyathi, Are you okay?!" Dad looked at with a tensed face.

"I am absolutely fine Dad. Maybe a little bit stressed due to a late night emergency." I grinned at dad shunning Sameer's presence.

"Niyathi, I want to take you to Dinner tonight" Sameer spoke looking at dad.

"Uncle, will you please let me take Niyathi for dinner tonight? I promise I will take her back home before 10." He turned completely towards dad and pleaded him without hearing my answer.

He purposefully didn't give me time to reply to his question.

Such a smart guy!

He surely knows the ways how to make things happen as he wishes.

I stood there gritting my teeth. I heard Sameer chuckling at my expressions.

This time I couldn't stop chuckling too. He looks so cute while chuckling. I smiled widely. He knows how to make me smile.

"Sameer, would you like to have some coffee?" Dad asked me after a second trying to start a conversation with him.

"Yes, of course, uncle." Sameer smiled widely looking at me, teasing me with his eyes.

I nodded at dad and walked into the kitchen to prepare coffee for both of them.

I lit the stove and kept milk for boiling.

I don't know what to do now.

Should I accept this dinner date?

Should I forgive him?

Does he deserve a chance?

This is the second time I found him in an intimate moment with her.

My heart broke into pieces soon I saw her with him again.

All my hidden insecurities and fears appeared in front of me again.

Like a timid, I just ran away from there without giving him a chance to speak, say his version.

But does he deserve a chance?

Yes! My heart defended him.

He deserves a chance! It declared.

It is taunting me for being so rude to him.

"He came to see you, he didn't leave you alone when you are sad. He didn't run away like you. "My heart mocked my actions.

I took down the milk from the stove and started adding instant coffee powder.

"He took care of you, fed you, cried for you.
What else you want from him? He loves and it's evident." It is trying hard to put some sense into this stringent mind.

I smile widely as I got an answer to all my questions

I picked up the two coffee mugs wiping a lone tear escaped from my eye.

I walked slowly towards them holding coffee mugs with a pleasant smile on my lips.

They both are smiling and talking to each other happily. I can see that they both enjoy each other's company. They get along with each other very well. What else I want?

I handed them coffee mugs and sat there staring at them with a smile.

I saw Sameer looking at me in disbelief.

I chuckled at his expression.

"This time it's my turn to surprise you, Sameer." I sat there smirking at him and enjoying his cute expressions.