Chapter-22

Sameer's POV

"You both fought again?" Prateek Bhaiya looking at me with a facepalm.

We both are in the office working on a project, I am feeling very uneasy and I couldn't concentrate on my work.

"What?" I kept a sulky expression.

"Why do you fight with her all the time?" He questioned me with a serious face.

"She never understands me properly" I complained like a kid.

"Have you ever took sufficient efforts to explain her, make her understand the things, situations properly?" He asked me quickly in a stern voice.

"I...." I trailed off as I know I have failed miserably.

"What?" He raised his brow and looked at my face in disappointment.

"I am trying a lot Bhaiya, but she is not ready to listen," I said trying to defend myself though I know it's wrong. She has given me a chance but she did it on a purpose.

"Can I ask you one thing?" He asked me looking at my worried face.

"Of course, Bhaiya!" I tried to smile at him, trying to look normal.

"What is her problem?" He asked me looking into my eyes.

I looked at him with a sad face. What should I say now? I sighed closing my eyes.

"I am sorry if I have invaded your personal space but I can't see you worried all the time. You both deserve happiness" He sounded so honest and sincere.

"Bhaiya!" I stood up and hugged him instantly.

"Sameer" He returned a warm hug, patting my shoulder.

"She doesn't want to believe me Bhaiya, She saw me with Swapna, She asked me about that day. She wants to know what had happened on that day" I said slowly.

"Swapna??!" Bhaiya looked at me in shock.

"Yes, Swapna. Niyathi came to meet me in the Ice cream parlour, Don't know how Swapna learnt it and reached there in time and you know........." I looked at him in pain. I know he can imagine what had happened next.

"Oh my God!" He got shocked by my words.

"Swapna is doing all this purposefully and Niyathi is questioning me about her, that day" I sat there holding my hand.

"I don't think she doesn't trust you," Prateek Bhaiya said seriously.

"Really?" I can't believe it.

"Yes, If she doesn't trust you then why would she ask you that question. You can decide her easily with your words." He is looking at me eagerly for an answer.

"But why does she want to know it if she loves me, trusts me" I answered quickly

"Maybe she wants to clear all the misunderstanding between you," He said hopefully.

"You might be expecting more from her Bhaiya"I chuckled.

" Sameer, look at me"

"No relationship in the world is an exception from expectations. Maybe she truly wants to know what had happened that night." He ruffled my hair

"Think maybe she wants to help you by learning what had happened that night."

"Remember it takes a second to misunderstand a person but it takes a lifetime to understand him probably." He said quickly.

"Bhaiya" I frowned.

"You are oblivious about things what had happened on that day, that is your biggest problem." Prateek nodded.