Chapter-9

Niyathi's POV

"Hello" I heard his voice after a year.

I turned my head slowly to see this handsome man standing in front me with a serious face.

I couldn't smile or talk either but sat there looking at him, into his mysterious eyes.

He sat in a chair opposite to me and looked around for someone.

My eyes are capturing his every move unknowingly and I couldn't take them off from his face.

He is shunning my presence, he didn't look at me properly, his eyes are avoiding my gaze.

"Sameer..." I called his name with much difficulty in faltering tone.

His eyes met my gaze and I am sweating profusely, I picked up my handkerchief and wiped away those sweat beads on my forehead.

"Niyathi." He called my name a bit fervently.

I shut my mouth quickly before answering him anything as my lips became dry and quivering.

I found him staring at my quivering lips, I felt weird and shut my eyes in embarrassment and opened them after a second.

I felt sorry for making him worried about my weird expressions, At this moment I truly felt like crying in his arms.

A small tear escaped from my eyes and I shut my eyes again letting it roll over my cheek.

I felt a cold hand cupping my cheek and opened my eyes to see him wiping my tears.

He is truly worried about me, We didn't talk anything but sat there feeling each others presence.

We sat there calmly stealing few glances at each other, We fell short of words.

What should I ask him?

Do even he remember that he kissed me forcefully?

Do even he remember that he tried to molest me?

He was not in his senses that day?

What can I ask now?

How can I prove that he misbehaved with me? Another round of fresh tears escaped from my eyes.

He heaved a sigh and shut his eyes, squeezing them.

I felt very fragile, miserable and succumb to despair.

I got overwhelmed with both love and hate at a time, This man is responsible for both.

He made me smile and broke it relentlessly at the very next second.

I opened my eyes and saw him sitting in front me with a sullen pout.

I felt like smiling at him, he looked so innocent yet very scary.

I am unable to get out of this dilemma, my heart is saying something, where my mind is so cautious about the pain and hurt I experienced.

Such a conflict!

The Handsome Man sitting in front me is making my breath hitch.

My heart is thumping so fast and I can hear my heartbeat.

I know I can't deny the fact that his mere presence affects me so much.

I make me fail and miserable to push him away from my life forever.

"Niyathi" He called my name again to drag my attention.

"Will you marry me Niyathi?" He asked me something which I haven't expected.

"Wha...what...." I stuttered in fright.

"Will you marry me Niyathi?" He is very confident about his question.

"Sameer?" I looked at him with mouth agape in shock.

"Niyathi, I don't want to beat around the bush and babble wasting our times," He said in a hoarse voice.

I didn't say anything but sat there staring at him trying to process his words.

"I don't come here to say I love you and I fancy you...." His words are very disturbing and I feel he is doing it intentionally.

I felt indignant and the way of expressing his opinions and choice of his words are so mean and rude.

"Even I didn't want to saw your face after that day..." I blurted it suddenly.

"Really?!" I found him chuckling.

"Sorry, I didn't mean it..." I said quickly.

"You have blurted it already Niyathi.." He spat and I met his taunting gaze.

My eyes filled with tears and I lowered my head quickly hiding them.

Why I am crying in front of him?

I failed myself once again in his eyes.

I saw him sitting there tapping his leg recklessly. I lifted my head quickly wiping those tears.

He has looked away,

I can see so much of pain in his eyes, I am looking at his rugged face, his sharp facial features. He is not the old Sameer who I have known for years, He has changed a lot. Maybe he hasn't!

"Niyathi.." He spoke slowly a bit softly this time.

I looked at him.

"I want to marry you Niyathi and Mom feels you are the one for me. I have no reasons to say " no".You are perfect, you are a young confident woman and I have nothing to say except to wait patiently for your answer. Beyond all this I want Mom to be happy, and you are the one who can make her happy." He sighed and continued.

"I don't know why you hate me but..." He stopped me and looked away swallowing his words.

I sat there peeping into his eyes, Did I misunderstand him? A grin appeared on my lips soon I realised what words did he just swallowed from saying them to me.

Means does he love me?

Really?

I sat there smiling goofily at him, his face like a lovesick teenager.

But at the very next second, I realised what just he said, He said he wants to marry me for his mother's happiness and how dare he is to say it to me on my face?

I stood up digging glares at him.

"I have to go Sameer" I gathered all my energy to speak those words properly.

He didn't pay any heed to my words, my presence but sat there checking his mobile.

"Sameer, I am getting late.." I humbled again.

He just nodded back an answer.

This is the limit.

I have to make a move otherwise he will definitely kill me with his words and actions.

I simply walked away without looking at him, his face.