08 The accident

Lisa Pov

I saw how Jennie's car was going away, I could still feel her lips on my cheek, I could still feel my heart beating fast. It's been a long time since I felt that way.

I react when I felt my clothes all wet, I decided to go home still thinking about what had happened a few moments ago and I wonder why I told her I would be there every afternoon. I know that sooner or later I'm going to regret that. It's not good to get involved with people because sooner or later they leave and leave you with emptiness in their soul.

It is the reason why I don't like to have links with people that is why I decided to separate myself from everything and everyone.

Flashback

2 years ago

It was a cold day, it was as if the day was sad.

I was on my way to the volleyball tournament, we were going to train a few hours before the competition started. My parents were going arrive in the night with my girlfriend.

I had everything I wanted in life, caring parents, a beautiful girlfriend, good friends, good financial position, I couldn't complain.

My father was a very important businessman in Thailand, my mother was a dress designer and although they always had a job, they always had time for me. We had good life too. I loved them.

My girlfriend, her name was Yeri Kim, she was the president of the student council. She was very beautiful, noble, loving and understanding, like my parents, she was always there to support me. I loved her.

I also had several friends but the most important were Rose, Seulgi and Joy, we were friends since we were in kindergarten, we were accomplices in everything. They were also on the volleyball team.

We had been practicing all afternoon, in half an hour the competition would begin.

"They haven't arrived" I said in a low voice.

"Who still doesn't arrive?" Rose asks me.

"My parents and Yeri, they called me 2 hours ago telling me that they were coming and they should have arrived half an hour ago." I answered worried, something in me would not leave me alone.

"Soon they will arrive, don't worry, maybe there stuck in traffic." says Seulgi.

"Seulgi is right, now concentrate that competition will soon start and when you least expect it, your parents and Yeri will be here" Says Joy

I decided to clear my mind, they were right.

Everything was fine.

How bad I was.

The competition had begun, we were winning, for moments I turned to see if my parents and my girlfriend were there but no one was there.

Halftime through I saw that our director had called my three friends, I didn't know what they were talking about. But from one moment to the next the three of them started to cry, I ran to them to know what was happening.

"Why are you crying? What happened?" I asked them.

None of them told me anything, I was already desperate.

"I'm so sorry Lisa," the director tells me before leaving.

"What the fuck is happening, tell me." I shouted.

"Lisa, the car where your parents and Yeri were had an accident on the highway, apparently the car ran out of brakes and hit a trailer, I'm sorry Lisa but there were no survivors." Rose answered between tears.

My world had fallen in a close and open eyes.

I felt the tears fall down my cheeks.

Without saying anything I left there, I could hear the screams of my friends telling me to wait but no, I just wanted to go away.

Taking the first taxi, I get to my house and It was empty and dark, I went up to my room.

On my desk I had a picture of my parents and Yeri, I took them and cried all night.

Early the next day I told Colins to take care of the funeral arrangements as well as my parents' and Yeri's.

"You already have indications of what you have to do Colins, the bank will give you the money you need to cover all expenses," I said as I looked towards the window.

"Understood, Miss, what time will you get to the cemetery?" He asks me.

I turned to see him, I could tell that he had been crying and his voice was muffled, Colins had been my father's confidant and he was very fond of him.

"I will not go Colins, my flight leaves in an hour, and tomorrow I will send you my location of a new phone." I said seriously.

"Understood, miss."

Without more, I left. Without saying goodbye to anyone, not even to my parents and Yeri.

End of flashback

I felt the tears falling nonstop on my face. It was all my fault, if I had not insisted to tell them to go, all three would still be alive.

I miss you so much.

I lost what I loved most.