Chapter 7 - Hobbies

Muttering a curse under his breath, Connor shoved away from the wall, leaving Riley breathless. With a frustrated sigh, he yanked his cell phone out of his pocket to answer it.

"This had better be important Gabriel," he whispered angrily as he paced toward the living room, away from Kaylee's doorway.

Figuring Connor needed privacy for his call, Riley continued farther back down the hallway to her own room. She would find something to fold...or clean...or something. Connor turned around, half expecting Riley to follow him. When he realized Riley had gone to her bedroom, he grinned mischievously shadowing the pathway in that direction, too.

Gabriel blabbered on and on about a new client who was wanting to build a new museum in Los Angeles, totally dedicated to Medieval artifacts and art. Connor was only half listening. Mostly, he was staring at Riley, particularly her backside, half bent over folding clean laundry on her now made bed.

"Well, if he is getting this specific then perhaps you should recommend he flies out here to meet with us in person. It seems like he's really serious, so we need to talk to him in person to get a better clue about his vision for this museum," Connor contributed.

At the sound of his voice, Riley jumped, not realizing Connor was in her bedroom doorway. Wiping his mouth, Connor attempted to hide a grin. Riley picked up her pile of clothes, turning to put them away in her dresser. Once she softly closed the drawer, Connor stepped behind her and snaked an arm around her waist, dragging his hand down the curve of her side slowly toward her hip.

Riley jumped again, startled at the surprise contact but leaned back against Connor's chest, letting her eyes roll closed. Connor stroked a slow line back across her belly, drawing swerved lines up toward her chest, stopping just under her breasts. He leaned his head forward placing feather light kisses on top of her shoulder, muttering an "Mhmm..that's nice..." every so often into the phone but Riley wasn't sure it was meant for the person on the phone or her.

Reaching one hand behind her head, Riley gently raked her fingers through those dark curly locks that had been begging for her to touch them. They were just as soft and thicker than she imagined. Connor's fingers lightly brushed the underside of her breasts then stopped, quickly going back to her waist and holding her firmly.

He pulled the phone away from his ear, mouth going to her ear as he whispered heatedly, "Are you wearing a bra?"

Riley bit her lower lip, slowly shaking her head turning her face to look at him. His brows raised, eyes widened and darkened with a desire she hadn't seen in them yet. Connor growled softly in her ear then put the phone back to his ear.

"Gabriel, you've got this. I'll call you back later," and he snapped the phone closed then slammed it on the dresser. "Do you know what you do to me?" He questioned, placing both hands on her hips, his fingers digging into the fabric of her leggings as he spun a wide eyed Riley around to face him.

"If it's anything like what you to do me, then I think I have an inkling," she confirmed, smirking at him.

Connor leaned in, brushing his lips against hers then whispered, "You have no idea..." He pressed his hips against hers allowing the "inkling" he had to press into her belly. Riley gasped then bit her lower lip as they curved into a shy yet mischievous smile.

Shaking his head, Connor clicked his tongue at her. "That lip is mine now," he grinned.

Riley quirked an eyebrow. "Then you better hurry up and claim it before one of our stupid phones go off-"

Connor didn't give her a chance to finish. He did claim her lips and she gave in immediately, kissing back intensely. Her arms snaked up his chest to wrap around his neck as his large, warm hands explored down to grip under her backside and hoist her up. Instinctively, Riley's legs wrapped around his hips. Connor spun them around, gently laying Riley back onto the center of the bed, never breaking their urgently dancing tongues or smacking lips in this passionate kiss.