Chapter 36 - Alone In the New House

Several candles flickered around the room as Connor sprinkled rose petals from the door of the bathroom through their bedroom door creating a pathway toward the neatly adorned bed.  The sun was setting by now giving the room an orangey purple hue filtering in through the parted curtains mixing with the yellow flickering ambience.

Their romance had been such a whirlwind, he never wanted Riley to feel like he was using her just for sex.  The truth was, he had fallen fast for Riley and wanted to continue learning more about her.  Perhaps this night could be another chance for conversation as well as intimacy. They had shared several of those moments in Portugal and since then.

The creaking sound of a slowly opening door made Connor spin around.  There was Riley standing in the doorway, one hip out and her curvy form draped by a dark blue silk robe.  Conner's mouth dropped open a bit.  Riley smirked twirling the tie of the robe in her hand.

"Sorry to keep you waiting," Riley cooed seductively.  "It looks like you've been a busy boy."

Gradually, one nervously shaking leg in front of the other took steps forward toward Connor who licked his lips in a growing need to feel her against him.

"Not as busy as I could be," He gave his cheeky reply.  Riley grinned and Connor wrapped his arms around her.

"The room is beautiful, Connor," Riley whispered, running her fingers through his slightly damp hair as she peered around.

The windows now had dark brown tapestries that could completely block out the light but sheers hung behind to let in light if they wanted while still offering privacy.  A large four poster king sized bed was poised in the center of the main wall.  The steel blue bedding set with cream flowers and brown vines was elegant against the paneled dark oak headboard.

Small table lamps decorated the nightstands on either side of the bed and a cushioned bench sat at the foot of the bed.  Despite the large walk in closet, a dark oak dresser sat along the wall opposite the bed. 

As if that wasn't enough, candles were lit giving the room a lovely twinkling ambience.  The rose petals gave an extra romantic detail.  He really had thought of everything to make this a special night.

"Not as beautiful as you," Connor replied smoothly.

Riley rolled her eyes and smiled.  "You are so cheesy!" 

Connor squeezed her sides effectively tickling her. Riley squealed and wriggled out of his grasp only to strut toward the bed.  Grinning at the convenience,  Riley spun around to find Connor directly behind her.  She was now effectively pinned between his muscular form and one of the posters of the large bed.

Both were breathing heavily in anticipation but their mixing breaths deepened at the tempting proximity.  The thrill and exciting electricity flourishing around them was as if this was their first time and a long time coming.

Connor's eyes and hand slowly trailed down Riley's silk covered arm.  Naughty thoughts of how to rid her of these clothes raced through his mind.  Riley bit her lower lip and dragged a single finger down Connor's bare chest all the way down to the top of his pants where she hooked a finger inside.

Their lust filled eyes met and Connor softly growled.  Slowly he tugged at the ties to the robe as Riley surveyed his face.  Their other intimate times together were either hastened or under cover of darkness.  Even after nearly five months, this would be the first time Connor saw her nude in better lighting.  Riley's heart raced with nerves and fear of rejection. 

Slowly Connor pushed the robe off of one shoulder gently placing open mouth kisses over the newly exposed skin.  Riley rolled her eyes closed and reveled in his attentive touch.  Pushing the other shoulder down, he mirrored the same treatment.  Soon the midnight silk covering fell to the floor pooling at Riley's bare feet.