Chapter 20 - Manipulation

Two weeks later

Just a few minutes before the office closed, Asher twisted the knob and pushed the door open. A bell ringing above his head signaled to anyone there that someone had entered. Damian had scouted out this manager of the apartment complex for two weeks.

She was a solid, honest person who couldn't be convinced by him to evict Riley. Complaint after complaint and she wouldn't buy any of it. Apparently Riley was a model tenant and no one would believe she was a nuisance. She couldn't even be convinced to tell Damian which apartment Riley lived in.

Now it was time for Asher to take matters into his own hands. Already irritated he had to take time away from his important business, he gazed around the office noting its humble decor. A small voice called from the back she'd be right there so Asher prepared himself.

After a few moments, the manager, a young, slender brunette with bright honey brown eyes and light tan skin, emerged from her back office. She was different than Asher had imagined. She wore a pale pink button down blouse, beige pencil skirt and black stilettos, hair pinned up in a neat bun. Thick black rimmed glasses completed her classic nerdy look.

He fought a smirk at how similar she appeared to Riley when they first met. This would be fun, Asher thought to himself.

"Hello, how can I help you?" She chimed, flashing an endearing smile.

"Hello," He grinned, laying on the flirting thick from the start. She blushed instantly. "My name is Blake King. I called earlier inquiring about an availability."

"Oh, yes!" She beamed, reaching her hand out to take his. "I'm Barbara, the owner and manager. It's very nice to meet you Blake."

"Forgive me," He offered with a shy smile, holding her hand tightly in his. "I'm... flustered because I wasn't expecting to meet someone as beautiful as you."

Barbara cast her eyes down and blushed deeper, smiling coyly. "Well, I don't know about that..."

"Do you always wear your hair up?" Asher asked softly, reaching up and pulling the clip from her bun.

"Y-y-yes..." Her eyes went wide as her locks fell loose to just above her shoulders.

Continuing his seduction that was going so much easier than he thought it would, Asher dove his hand into her hair, smirking deviously as Barbara rolled her eyes closed.

"Are there any available rooms here?" He whispered against her cheek, grazing his lips down her jaw. This was too easy!

Barbara broke from her trance and stepped away. "Yes, we have some availabilities. Follow me to my office and I'll show you the floorplan options in our buildings."

Asher wiped his chin as he sauntered after her watching those slender hips as she walked. Closing the door behind them softly, Asher also subtly pushed in the lock. Barbara went to a filing cabinet pulling open the top drawer. Asher read the labels "Applications", "Maps", "Leases" and knew the third one was the drawer he needed.

Coming up directly behind Barbara, he placed his hands on her slender hips and grazed his lips over her neck. She shivered at the contact but still managed to pull an application packet from the file.

"You look so sexy getting papers from that file," Asher whispered, leaving soft kisses on her neck.

Barbara squirmed out of his arms and sat at a round table laying out the promotional information packet she took from the drawer. She cleared her throat and tried to ignore his heated gaze. She was a professional, damn it!