Chapter 25 - Mile High

Bright yellow light flooded into the bedroom signaling it was full morning as Connor rolled over onto his back, stretching.  He reached out to embrace Riley only to realize her side of the bed was empty.  Sitting up, he peered around realizing she wasn't in the room. 

After using the bathroom and dressing in sleeping pants, Connor descended downstairs in search of his minx.  The aroma of turkey bacon led him to the kitchen where she was cooking breakfast.

"Good morning," Connor grumbled sleepily as he rested his hands on her hips, startling Riley before kissing her bare shoulder.

"Good morning," She greeted back, turning her head to meet his lips.

"You got up early," he mused, kissing his way to the back of her neck.

Riley giggled as he kissed a ticklish spot.  "Yeah, I was hungry."

He hummed in response and gripped her hips tighter then spun Riley around.  "I can think of a fantastic morning snack for you," he grinned, lifting her swiftly onto the counter and stepping between her legs. "I love it when you wear my shirts."

Riley chuckled raking her fingers through his hair as he kissed his way down her neck to the valley between her breasts peaking a teasing view above the buttons. Immediately her nipples hardened, aching for his touch.

"I know," She moaned, her breath hitching as he kissed the top of one swell while squeezing the globe from under the fabric. "That's why...I wore it."

"Você sabe como me provocar, não é?" He growled against her shoulder, nipping at the sensitive skin.

(You know how to tease me, don't you?)

"I don't know...ahh what you said," She moaned, tightening her grip on his hips with her thighs clenching for more.  "But I agree..."

Their lips met in a heated kiss, things escalating very quickly, as usual, until Connor's ringtone signaled someone calling.  With a groan of frustration, he pulled back reaching across the island for his phone.

His brows furrowed before he answered.

"Oi mãe..." Blue orbs widened then narrowed in growing worry as Riley watched him talk on the phone. "Quão ruim é?....Qual é o seu prognóstico?...Quanto tempo eles deram?...."

(Hi Mom...How bad is it?...What is the prognosis? How much time did they give?)

Hearing him speak in Portuguese would be an extra dose of sexy if his voice wasn't raspy and heavy with worry.  The glimmer in his eyes showed he was actually close to tears too, which was very unexpected.  Riley hopped down from the counter and embraced him to show her support.

"Estaremos em um vôo amanhã de manhã, o mais tardar. Quando eles estão vindo?....Eu gostaria de trazer Riley, mãe."

(We will be on a flight tomorrow morning, at the latest. When are they coming?...I would like to bring Riley, Mom.)

A quizzical brow titled gazed up at him.  Riley didn't understand much of what he said but she could understand her own name.  Connor's arm tightened around her holding her pressed to his front while his lips pressed to the top of her head.

"Sim, mãe, ela é muito especial." He smiled down at her after that comment.  She smiled back as he placed a kiss on her forehead.  "Estaremos no primeiro voo disponível. Te vejo em breve. Vos amo."

(Yes, Mom, she is very special...We'll be on the first available flight. See you soon. I love you.)

When he hung up the phone and placed it softly on the counter, Connor wrapped both arms tightly around Riley who returned his embrace willingly.  He held her in silence needing to simply hold her for a long moment then exhaled heavily before explaining what the call was about.