Chapter 34 - Coerced

It had taken a couple of days for Vivian to build up the nerve to decide she needed to break the news to Kaylee.  They drove to the aquarium downtown and spent the day together exploring, watching the dolphin show and eew'ing and giggling at the touch pool. Now, they sat at their favorite ice cream parlor in the back booth.

"Kaylee, darling," Vivian began, pushing her ice cream bowl to the side.  "I have to tell you something."

"What is it, Grandma?" The girl beamed, devouring her strawberry ice cream.

"I have to tell you something that your mommy doesn't know yet."

"So...like a secret?" Kaylee asked.

"Yes, like a secret."

"Mommy says we shouldn't keep secrets from people we love," Kaylee scolded, giving her elder a pointed look while pointing her spoon.

Vivian blushed.  "Well, it won't be a secret from your mom for long.  I'll be telling her the same news soon I just...wanted to talk with you first."

"Oh ok," Kaylee agreed.

Sighing deeply, Vivian started again.  "Kaylee...you probably don't remember much about your Grandpa..."

"I remember he got really sick and died," she offered, sadness shimmering in those blue depths.

"Yes," Vivian cleared her throat when it cracked from emotion.  "He loved you so very much and if given a choice to live healthy, he would have picked that life to watch you grow."

"I know, that."

"I feel the same way, honey. I love you so much." Tears began welling.

"Aww, I love you, too Grandma!" Kaylee beamed.

Vivian sighed again, fighting the burning tears.  The ever inquisitive young girl picked up that something was wrong.

"Grandma," Her voice soft and pleading.  Kaylee scooted from her seat in the booth and clambered beside her grandma wrapping her arms around Vivian's neck. "Why are you sad?"

"Darling, I'm very sick," Vivian sighed stroking the blonde locks.  "I...the medicine stopped working and I don't have much time left."

Now Kaylee started crying, lower lip quivering.  "You're going to die?"

Nothing gets passed this clever girl who has seen way too much heartache for her 5 years.

"Yes, darling," Vivian confessed.  "Not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon.  I wish I didn't have to leave you."

"Does Mommy know?" She wiped away her tears but they were only replaced with a steady stream of more.

"Not yet, but I will tell her soon.  Can you keep this a secret for a couple of days? Hmm?"  Kayle nodded then nuzzled her cheek into her grandmother's neck. 

"I'll miss you, Grandma," Kaylee sniffled.  "But I don't want you to be sick anymore."

"It will be over soon."

****

"This can all be over soon, Baby," Asher groaned.  Having Barbara pinned on her desk turned out to be more exhilarating than he imagined.

He was buried to the hilt in her depths but hadn't moved yet which was driving the property manager crazy with horniness. When Damian called to report Riley had returned, Asher went crazed and came straight here.  To her.  For this.

"Please!" She begged.  It was almost enough.  Almost. 

"Tell me what I want to hear!" He rotated his hips once making her writhe and grumble.