Chapter 17 - Tour

Riley woke up first the next morning. The early sunlight set the room aglow in a mesmerizing way. For all the time they had spent in Connor's bedroom, she hadn't looked around at it.

They had been a bit...preoccupied.

It was a good sized room with the king bed being the focal point. The sheer curtains gave them a sweet haven of privacy. The large window dressed with plum colored draperies on the adjacent wall gave the same forest view that the bathroom had but the bedroom overlooked the vast backyard.

One door she knew led to the bathroom, the other must lead to his closet. A dark wood dresser that matched the dark wood on the bed sat across the room and a large crystal chandelier hung from the center of the room. There was a night stand on each side of the bed and a long cushioned sofa bench at the foot of the bed.

Riley blushed at the memories of all the things they had done this weekend. She had never intended for that to happen even once, let alone staying the entire weekend. Looking down at the sleeping face of the man she had been with, her heart swelled. He had shown more compassion and patience than any other adult in her life.

Thoughts of what a life together would be like flooded her mind. He had even accepted Kaylee. It was such a sweet sight seeing them cook together the morning after their interrupted date. Connor had every right to be upset for her keeping that secret, but he heard Riley out and understood. Feelings she hadn't felt for anyone in a very long time flooded her heart, burying its roots.

Connor began stirring then finally his eyes opened, those multi colored orbs looking into hers. "Good morning," he smiled, his voice gravely and husky.

"Good morning," Riley replied, running her fingers through his soft chest hair. "I have to get going soon."

The frown Connor gave made Riley giggle. His arms possessively wrapped around her waist and pulled her closer to him.

"Do you have to, meu minx sexy," he purred into her neck, making her giggle at how his stubble tickled the soft flesh.

(my sexy minx)

"I do have to go soon," she pouted. "My mom brings Kaylee home before lunch."

Connor sighed in submission, knowing she was right. A devious grin spread on his lips. "It's too bad...I had big plans for us today." His hands rubbed slow circles on her hips.

Riley rolled her eyes and groaned, knowing what he was trying to do. "And I'd love to fulfill those plans," she teased. "Next time."

He stopped all movement, meeting her hazel eyes with his. "Next time? You want a next time?" He smirked wiggling the dark eyebrows.

"Well, yeah," Riley blushed. "Don't you?"

Claiming her lips with his in a passionate kiss, his fingers raked through her thick locks to hold her in place. She kissed back, easily giving in and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I want many more next times, meu tesouro," he purred against her lips.

"Good," Riley replied, breathless from their kiss. "You've awoken something in me I honestly thought had been lost and you helped me find something that has been hidden away."

"And what was that?" he mused, rubbing the tip of her nose with his.

"My heart had been broken so severely and locked away. You helped me find and begin mending it."

Connor smiled at her, adoration shining in his eyes. "I'm pleased it was me who got to share that with you. I hope we continue to share it for a very long time. I've been focused on work for so long, then you came along." Riley gave a wide smile. "What was hidden away?" Connor was curious about that.