Chapter 16 - Burdens

The soft buzzing of Connor's phone roused him from his deep, restful slumber. Golden orange light from the midday sun above the house warmed the room in an ethereal glow. Careful not to wake Riley, he snuck out of bed answering his phone in quiet whispers seeing it was Gabriel.

"Hey, what's going on?" Connor answered, a bit perturbed he was being disturbed as he pulled some pajama pants on. "I told you I'm taking this weekend off."

"I know, Connor, but I heard back from O'Hagan," Gabriel explained, giving a report of approvals for some things and needed changes for others and for Liam's museum project.

Connor listened as he untied and pulled the sheer curtains around the perimeter of the bed so the bright light from the afternoon sun wouldn't wake his sleeping beauty.

"This is good, Gabe," Connor contributed as he made his way down to the kitchen to make something quick for a midday meal. "Those were all things we weren't sure about and will be easy to change."

Gabriel made various suggestions for the changes and Connor agreed or contributed other suggestions. In the meantime, Connor placed two turkey and cheese sandwiches, grapes and carrots on a tray along with two bottles of water. He carried the tray upstairs as his conversation with Gabriel continued.

"All those changes sound great, Gabe. Make them and send them to Liam," Connor directed. Gabriel was saying something in agreement but Connor was no longer listening. Once he made it back into his bedroom, the sight in his bed made him grin mischievously.

Riley was still sleeping soundly but she had shifted. Now laying on her stomach with one leg bent, the sheets had shifted to be lying loosely at her hips, barely covering her backside. Connor felt a stirring in his pants and a smirk tugged at his lips.

"I trust you to make the necessary changes, Gabe," Connor declared, abruptly ending their conversation. "I'll see you Monday." Gabriel was trying to say something but was cut off when Connor ended the call, tossing the phone onto the couch nearby.

Connor placed the tray of food on his night stand then pulled off his pants before climbing between the drawn sheers into their cocoon of seclusion. He pulled the sheet back and lay next to Riley's sleeping form. Gently in slow appreciation, he ran his flattened palm down the curve of her bare back, sliding down to her hips, drawing slow circles on the soft skin.

Such a peacefully sleeping sight made Connor grin at how just a few hours ago, this same woman had been quite the opposite. The memories of her moans of pleasure made his groin harden and a naughty idea come to mind. Again.

Slowly his hand slid around to Riley's stomach and farther down in search of that magical spot. He shifted to straddle her legs and placed soft kisses down her spine, stifling a chuckle as she stirred under his touch.

Once he found his goal, Connor's fingers gingerly, intentionally explored and rubbed. Riley stirred more, soft moans escaping her lips as her hips moved with his fingers. Connor leaned down and left open mouth kisses on the back of her neck, his arousal brushing her derriere until finally, Riley roused.

The "oohhhh" that came from Riley's lips as she woke up quickly, encouraged Connor on. He knelt behind her, pushing her legs apart with his knees readying himself for his devious idea.

"Ahhhh, Connor," she moaned again, softly as her hips rubbed against his throbbing hardness.

Connor leaned down, hovering over her as she lifted her head up, twisting to peer back at him.

"I could not resist you any longer, minha bela adormecida," he purred in her ear before nipping the lobe. "Up on your knees, tesouro."

(my sleeping beauty)