Chapter 35 - Moving

Damian leaned down in his car outside Riley's building waiting to follow her to confirm where her mom lived.  Asher had another henchman stake out the address he had previously for Vivian and found out she no longer lived in the same spot but no new address could be found. 

Yesterday, Asher had visited Barbara and threatened her until she accepted the payout of Riley's lease. He added an extra bonus to give the Sunday midnight deadline.  That left today, Saturday, for Riley to move into her mom's house as Asher predicted.

Riley came out the front door of her building that morning shortly after 9:00.  Even Damian had to admit she was attractive, despite her curvy plus size figure.  The v-neck navy blue shirt she wore with a mid thigh length skirt flattered her figure and accentuated her ample breasts.  He was so busy checking out his mark that the tall, well dressed man following her closely was nearly missed.

Connor opened the passenger door to his car and Riley slipped in.  He headed around to the driver's seat and they soon drove off.

Damian dialed Asher immediately.  "Hey boss...yeah, she's left but she wasn't alone."

"Who was she with?" Asher barked between heavy breathing.

"Some guy, uh... dark hair, taller than her, light complexion, athletic build..." Damian tried his best to describe the man in Riley's company.

"Did you get a picture?"

"No, sir."

Asher cursed under his breath.  "It sounds like her brother is in town. No, baby don't stop...Don't follow them.  Wait at her apartment and let me know immediately when she comes back."

"Ok, Boss."

****

After a short drive, Connor parked in front of a two story, royal yellow house with a wrap around porch.  Riley let herself out of the car, mouth agape.  Connor joined her and leaned against the side of the car, hands in his jean pockets.

"If you don't like the color, we can have it repainted," Connor commented.

"It's adorable," Riley replied, placing her hand on his arm.  "I actually love the color.  The white trim on the patio railing, stairs and windows is beautiful."

Connor grinned down at her.  "Wait until you see the inside.  It's a blank canvas just for you."

Riley inhaled with excitement and squealed taking Connor's hand in hers, tugging him up to the front door. Hanging off to her left, she saw a porch swing and smiled.

"Kaylee will love that swing," Riley pointed it out.  Connor then smiled back at Riley, truly enjoying her happiness.

"Let's see the inside then," Connor winked as he unlocked the door, opening it for Riley to go in first. 

She gasped again at the sight.  The wooden front door opened to a den or living area, blonde wood floors and a fireplace across from the large living room window that offered a view of the quaint, peaceful street.  The squared off walkway opened to a larger living room with hookups for TV.  That room led to a good sized open concept kitchen with brown cabinets and granite countertops. 

They backtracked through to the living room and Connor directed Riley's attention to double barn doors hanging on a cast iron track.  She grinned with excitement as she opened them to reveal a spacious master bedroom with blue walls and white crown molding.  The master ensuite was through another door and it connected to a large walk-in closet.

Riley stood in the closet and shrugged her shoulders, fists on her hips.  "Well,  this should be enough room for my clothes."  Connor glared at her, giving mock anger as he lunged for her but she ducked under his arm and escaped, laughing her way back to the front den.