5. 367

Y/n POV:
"Flight 367, we're taking off now"

I grab the armrest next to me and squeeze it as hard as I can, trying to relieve at least a little stress before the plane leaves the ground.

Holy crap, I am going to be in the air. Ground? Never heard of it.

Grayson notices how nervous I am and he comforts me as much as he can. It's working a little bit, but it's not really helping the gut feeling that I have that something is going to go wrong here.

Honestly, I'm acting calmer to make him feel better about himself.

"Are you going to be okay?" Grayson asks me when the pilot comes over the intercoms.

"Yeah, I'll be fine, thanks," I reply.

I take a deep breath in as we start moving. Woah, I never realized that planes move so fast before they take off. It's like I'm speeding in a car going as fast as possible, but there's no speed limit.

My breath hitches as we leave the ground.

We leave the freaking ground.

I feel weightless for a minute as we keep on rising higher in the air. I look out my small window to see the ground miles below me, but now it doesn't even worry me.

All of these people have their own lives, they have their own families, their own jobs, their own pets that they've had since 5th grade.

All of the things in their life are so big all of the time, but to me all the way up here everything big in their lives is small. Almost microscopic.

Thank God I got this window seat. I don't think I would have lived if I didn't.

Grayson POV:
I'm worried about Y/n. This flight is really stressing her out. I can tell in her voice, her expression, the emotion behind her eyes. I wish I could just take her anxiety away.

I see her take a long, almost painful breath in as the plane starts moving forward. She's holding on to that armrest like it's her lifeline at this point.

Her knuckles are turning white from the grip she has on that thing.

When we finally get into the air, her breath hitches. For the first two minutes rising in altitude, she looked like she was on the verge of a panic attack.

But when she let the feeling of being in the air and the sight of all the things below us sink in, it was like the air was her home. Her happy place.

I've never seen someone so serene as Y/n was in those few moments she was looking out of the window.

I'm used to flights. I've gone on tours, traveled to many places, and flown for other reasons, but I've never seen someone so calm on a flight. I haven't even been that relaxed.

I looked down at the peaceful grin on Y/n's face, and my heart melted.

I will never let this moment go.

Y/n POV:
As I looked out at the clouds around me, the world below me, and Grayson next to me, I couldn't help but think that my life has become amazing in just a few hours.

If it weren't for Grayson, I could be sitting next to a different person now, having an awkward conversation about how the weather was.

If it weren't for Grayson, I could be sitting there with earphones in my ears, not even playing music, just so people wouldn't talk to me.

Instead, I get to talk and laugh with this kind hearted angel who gets my weird jokes.

Who gets my sarcasm.

Who doesn't judge me.

I've known him for a couple of hours and it feels like I've known him for years.

In this specific time, in this specific place,

Everything is perfect.

──── ────