35. surprise

Y/n POV:
"So, can you explain to me why you called me and told me to meet you at a hospital? Also, why don't you want Gray to know?" Ethan's leg bobs up and down as his ankle rests on his knee. He chews on the inside of his cheek as I explain. Seeing someone that looks so much like Grayson makes me happy, even though it's not actually him. 

"I'm getting a leg." My lips expand upwards as his eyes widen in shock.

"Oh my god, what? We have to tell Grayson-"

"-No! I want to surprise him, and that can't happen if he finds out about this. That's where you come in."

He nods his head in response as I continue.

"He's been my emergency contact since after the Island, so you're going to have to keep him distracted during my surgery. That will be around 9, so make him do something with you during that time. Okay?"

"Yes ma'am." Ethan solutes me. I roll my eyes.

"Also, I'm going to have to have a time when I can actually do the surprise. I had a few ideas, but none of them would really work. Do you have any times or places that would work?"

The brunette supports his head with his hands, tapping his chin with his middle finger. He rolls his eyes upward in thought, before shaking his head. He stops tapping his finger and smiles at me.

"Grayson and I have a meet and greet next month at the warehouse. You could do it there?" I grin and nod my head wildly.

"We told all of our fans to decorate fun masks and wear them because we miss Halloween so much. You should make one and surprise him with it. If it's a mask that covers your whole face than he'll never know its you." Ethan explains as my eyebrows raise in agreement. I widen my smile.

"Oh my god, I need to wear a wig."

"Okay, yes. One hundred percent yes."

"Wait! Can I find a fan there that looks like me and bring them into the plan? Surprising him would be so much better if it included a fan." My eyes brighten as I form my fingers into a point.

Ethan smiles at me as an idea comes to mind. "You should have the fan come out originally and then 'go back' to get something. Then, you could come in and surprise the shit out of Gray."

"Yes! Yes, oh my god, yes!" I scream excitedly.

"Calm down, Y/n. We're in a hospital." We're both too excited to care, but he reminded me anyway.

"I can't calm down, oh my god." The thought of finally seeing Grayson just makes my heart flutter. "It's been four months."

"I actually have no idea how you guys survived. You're made for each other."

"I almost didn't survive. I definitely wanted to die, but I knew I could see him again. That's what we told each other. That we would see each other again."

"Grayson almost didn't survive either. I tried to get him to eat, but he wouldn't. The bags under his eyes have never been so big. Knowing that you were there, most likely getting hurt, almost killed him."

My heart drops. All I want to do is see him, comfort him, tell him it will all be okay. That I'm here now.

I see Dr. Avery walking towards my door.

"Ethan, my doctor is here. Talk on the phone later?" He nods and walks away with a smile as my doctor walks in.

"Hello Miss Y/n, how are you feeling?" I smile and say a quick 'good' before he continues with questions.

"Have you eaten anything in the past six hours?" I shake my head, confused as to where he's going with that question.

"Okay, I have two choices for you. A spot opened up in one hour for you to get your leg tonight, but if you're not ready we can continue with the original plan and do it tomorrow."

"Y-Yes! Can I do it today?" My sheer excitement makes the man in front of me laugh.

"Sure. I'll get you prepped for surgery, and then you'll be ready to go!"

I whisper to myself. "Alright. I'm getting a leg."

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

The cold bed that I will get my leg on makes the hair on my arms stand up from the temperature.

I pray that I will heal fast enough to see Grayson. I want to see his smile again. I want to hear his voice again.

"Alright, Miss Y/n," I want you to count backwards from ten for me." I feel the needle for the anesthesia enter my arm.

"Ten"

I'm going to see Grayson.

"Nine"

He's going to see me.

"Eight"

I can see his face again.

"Seven"

I will hear his angelic voice.

"Six"

We can be together.. again...

My vision goes dark.

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

My eyes open, only to be faced with daggers of light. I look over slowly to see the person who I missed so much sitting next to me.

"Grayson?"

The brown haired boy smirks at me. "It's Ethan. You'll see Grayson's beautiful face exactly 6 days from now."

I smile back at Ethan, but my heart drops.

My eyes travel down to my legs, seeing the prosthetic that has been put on it. I'm excited that I can finally have a leg, but it already just feels like a piece of metal weighing me down.

I smile, though.

"I have a leg."

Ethan grins at me. "You have a leg."

Dr. Avery walks into my room and sees Ethan sitting there. "Hi, I saw you earlier. I assume you're Mr. Dolan, Y/n's emergency contact?"

"Uh... yes, sir, that's me." I stifle a laugh. Ethan's face turns red.

"Alright Grayson, I'm just going to check up on Y/n's leg if you want to stay in here."

He widens his eyes and stutters as he tries to come up with an excuse. "I..I'm so sorry, but I have to go. M-My insanely nice twin, Ethan, asked me if I could hang out with him today. I'll definitely stay next time though." He walks out of the room stiffly as I smirk.

"Okay, Ms. Y/l/n, are you excited?"

"I couldn't be happier."

I have a leg.

──── ────