16. walk it, talk it

Y/n POV:
I wake up and I instantly wince. The pain in my ankle has definitely not gotten better, but that's to be expected.

When I look around I see that I'm in the bamboo bed. I close my eyes and rub my temples, trying to recollect the events of yesterday. I don't remember anything after falling out of the tree, so Grayson must have carried me back here-

"Oh thank God you're okay," Grayson lets out a sigh of relief as I feel the bamboo dip next to me, showing that he's sitting down.

"I'm tired," I groan.

"No dip, you slept for like 20 hours," he declares.

"Falling our of the tree was so fun, you should try it sometime," I say sarcastically as I close my eyes and prepare to sleep.

"Okay, have fun sleeping. I'm going to be out doing fun stuff," he states.

"Like what?" I turn around on the bed to face him.

"Like cliff jumping, eating fruit, and having a good time," he smiles.

"I'm coming with," I instantly say, and he smiles back knowing that I would want to come. His smile turns to a frown as he looks down at my ankle.

"You're not going anywhere with that," he says as he points at it.

I look at my ankle for the first time since yesterday. It's still twisted in that same terrible angle, and there's purple, pink, red, and blue marks all over it.

"Ugh. Why do I have to literally fall out of a tree," I say, throwing my hands up in frustration.

"Would a stick work as a cane?" Grayson asks, definitely holding back a laugh at the thought of me using a cane.

"Fine, whatever. I want to go cliff jumping," I state.

"I'll go find one then," he laughs.

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

Grayson gives me the stick and it actually works as a cane pretty well. I walk along the sand with it by my side, jumping every step while using the cane for support.

While I'm doing this Grayson is just laughing at my struggle, which I tell him is pretty rude. We both just end up laughing at my sad attempt to walk.

We finally go into the forest and then over to the waterfall. When we get to the top of the cliff, Grayson gives me a look saying "are you sure you want to do this?"

I just walk past him and jump off the 30 foot high cliff without hesitation, leaving him with a shocked expression on his face, as he got shown up by a girl who just broke her foot falling off of a tree.

I swim up to the surface of the water to see that Grayson is still standing up there, shaking in fear from the height of the jump.

"Come on, Gray, you can do this!" I shout enthusiastically, causing him to shake his head and back away laughing. I swim out of the water while he's backed away and slowly wobble my way up the rough terrain with the help of my "cane" to the top of the cliff.

When I reach the top I sneak behind Grayson who is now standing at the front of the cliff.

"Boo."

Grayson screams and jumps off the cliff, leaving me falling onto the rocks, laughing. I jump in after him, tears pouring out of my eyes from the hilarity of this whole situation.

When I come up for air, I open my eyes to see him pouting at me with a tear running down his face.

"Aw, are you okay?" I ask, not knowing if he was actually crying or not.