26. dvds

Y/n POV:
"What the hell do you mean, not coming back?" I slam my hand down on the car seat next to me as I stare into the car mirror in front of me, locking my gaze with my mother's.

"I mean what I said. You're staying with me," she turns her mirror, removing me from her view, "and Sydney's living with us too."

"I would rather be anywhere than with you," I spit, "and she's the reason I literally can't walk! Are you trying to torture me?" I can almost feel the steam coming out of my ears.

"Good for you, you don't deserve to walk."

"Why don't you even care about how I feel?" I can feel the lump in my throat rising as my heart sinks.

I rest my head in my hands, feeling my palms getting soaked with tears as the car ride continues.

The fact that I not only had to move away from Grayson, but now I can't even come back breaks my heart. He's literally the person I live for. He's my person. I've never loved someone so much in my life.

Grayson is my everything.

The blue of the sky turns to a black as it turns to night while we're driving. I have nothing to help my leg at all, and any progress that I was making with the healing of scratches and cuts is gone. I pull off all of the bandages that I have on my leg, wincing, before I wrap the towel over my leg. There's no more bandages to cover the blood on my leg.

I drift off to sleep, the only thought in my mind being Grayson.

Grayson POV:
I edit in the last picture of us holding hands right before Y/n left, finishing my video.

I watch it over to make sure it looks okay, but a tear runs down my cheek as I see all the memories that we have and that we won't be able to make until I get to see her when she comes back.

I grab my phone, placing my finger over the home button so that I can unlock it. I look through my contacts until I find Y/n and I quickly press the button that allows me to FaceTime her. It rings four times before she finally picks it up.

"Hey," she greeted, tears running down her cheeks.

I want to see her.

"Hi, I miss you," I frown.

"I miss you so much," she looks down, playing with her fingers.

"How's Philly?" I question.

"Awful so far. It would be better if you were here."

"I wish I was there," I reply.

"No, you don't. I have to live here with my mom and even Sydney," she spits out the last word.

"You have to live with Sydney?" I feel ten times worse for her just saying that sentence. She just nods her head in response.

"I need to see you," a tear rolls down my face this time.

"Please find a way," she begs.

"Do you know when you're coming back? I miss you so much," I ask, really wanting to know.

After I ask this she really starts to cry.

"What's wrong?" I ask, concerned.

"I-I'm not allowed to g-go back, ever," she breaks down, sobbing. I wish I could give her a hug.

"I love you," I look into her eyes through the phone, "I love you so much."

"I love you more." She looks down.

"Tell my why tragedy always means broken hearts." Her voice cracks, and my heart breaks.

I don't answer. I don't know how.

Y/n suddenly gets quiet, "I have to go, my mom's coming. I love you."

With that, her beautiful face disappears from the screen.

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

The fake face that I had plastered on to look strong for Y/n disappears the second she hangs up, and I break down. The tears don't stop coming for hours.

I was told that people run out of tears. That's not the case.

I watch our video again, tears spilling of my eyes. The memories that I made with Y/n are too much to throw away.

I'm almost done the video when my phone gets a FaceTime call from Y/n. I answer quickly, wanting to talk to her. I see that she has more tears on her face, and her eyes are puffier. Before I can get any words out, she says the sentence that I never wanted to hear.

"We can't talk anymore."

What?

She starts crying more as she tries to explain, "my-my mom said that I'm not allowed to t-talk to you anymore," the sadness expressed in her face makes me want to die.

"Oh, um, o-okay," tears start falling again as I look down.

"I love you so much," I hear Y/n cry.

"I love you more."

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

I've never been this broken in my entire life, and this whole thing happened in a span of two days. One day I'm living with Y/n, having the greatest day of my life. The next day, she's taken away, and the day after that she can't talk to me.

How am I supposed to see her at all?

Oh my God.

The video.

I grab my keys and run to the car, turning it on quickly so I can get the things I need. I go to a craft store, getting brown wrapping paper, thin rope, sharpies, and a DVD.

I rush home quickly and set everything up, the image of my final result lingering in my imagination. I get the video onto the DVD and then play it, making sure it runs through smoothly.

It does.

I write the words I love you. I'll see you again, I promise. On the disk. Wrapping it in the brown wrapping paper, I carefully tie the thin rope that I bought around it. I write on top of the paper, for whenever you miss me.

I put the DVD in the mail to send it to Y/n with a light grin on my face, but I still have tears rolling down my cheeks. I want her to see it and remember all the good times we had, even if we can't see each other again.

God, I miss her already.

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────