17. help

Y/n POV:

I stumble through the woods with no idea where I am.

Where's Grayson?

The feeling of the rough rocks underneath my feet does nothing to help my confusion and pain.

I'm so lost.

How did I get lost?

I left my cane back at the camp, not knowing that I would get lost and have to walk by myself.

The pain in my foot continues to increase as the gut feeling that Im not finding Grayson anytime soon gets bigger.

I sit down on the roots of a tree, taking a minute to calm myself and try to get myself to think straight.

I need to find Grayson.

I can find him.

What if I can't find him?

I push the negative thoughts out of my mind, feeling a warm tear slip down my cheek.

How did I get myself in this predicament? I laugh to myself as I think of how funny this situation actually is.

Grayson will find you, and then you'll go back to camp and laugh together.

I get up. I need to start looking for Grayson again.

Grayson POV:
Y/n and I are walking to the woods, feeling good as we go to look for food other than fruit. I let her leave her "cane" back at the camp because she could just lean on me as we walked.

She's leaning on me and joking and laughing with me while I reach up to get eggs from a bird nest that I spotted.

When I turn back around, Y/n's not there.

Where did she go?

How did she walk?

I laugh lightly as I start to look around for Y/n. I know that she couldn't get far, so I'm not very worried.

I continue to look around for her when I spot her, very confused, stumbling around because she can't really walk.

She locks eyes with me and immediately limps over to me, tears falling down her face.

"Hey, hey are you okay?" I frown, "What's wrong?"

"I-I couldn't f-find you," She stutters, trying to calm herself down.

"I'm here angel, I'm here," I pull her against my chest, letting her tears soak my skin. "It's okay," I whisper.

Her hand falls into mine, letting go of the berries she's holding in them.

Mindlock berries.

They surround my house in New Jersey, so I know better than to eat them. Y/n, being from the urban part of Philadelphia, has probably never seen these. They make you overthink and worry about everything like crazy.

I chuckle. "You're okay."

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

I carry Y/n back to the camp and let her sleep on the bed for an hour. While she wakes up, I grab the walkie talkie to talk to Ethan for a little while. I sit down on the bed next to her, letting my weight distribute through the bed.