14. sparks

Y/n POV:
I gently moved Grayson next to a fire I had built so that he wouldn't be cold during the night. I also got some of the first class blankets from the plane.

Thank God He was just unconscious, and not dead.

I already got a bowl of fruit ready, and by bowl I mean a hollowed our coconut. I also brought one of the "sacred" water bottles over.

We haven't had one of these yet. We never use them unless we need to, and this is a pretty good situation for using one.

I snuggled up next to him and pulled myself under the blankets. Being next to him was warming me up, even if the fear that he isn't okay is eating at me.

I let silent tears slip down my cheeks as I fall asleep next to Grayson.

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

I wake up with the sudden movement on my left side. I open my eyes very slowly, still to tired to know what's going on.

Then I think about Grayson being okay, and I jerk up from the sand, worried about him.

I look around for him, hoping that he is near me and that he can comfort me by saying he's okay. When I don't see anything, I start to panic.

"Grayson? Where are yo-" I turn around to see him walking towards me, looking more energetic than ever.

"Hey, sorry I didn't write a note or something, I wanted to surprise you but I guess you woke up too early," he admits, hands stuffed in the pockets of the shorts he's wearing.

"It's alright, I'm just happy you're okay," I sighed in relief.

"About that.. what happened last night?" He asks.

"Grayson, you were perfectly fine and then you just collapsed in front of me. I was so scared," I told him.

"Oh no, I'm so sorry Y/n. I must have worried you so much," he looked down, and I saw a tear fall from his face.

"You're sorry? Are you kidding me? You're the one that passed out!" I laughed.

"Haha, yeah," he trailed off. I knew something was wrong, but I didn't want to push it. I'll ask him later.

"Do you want to start on our shelter?" I ask, excitement gleaming in my eyes. One of the many things that Grayson and I talked about before going on the plane was watching survival videos, which both of us did very often.

"Oh yes," he grinned, glad that Im changing the subject.

We eat some fruit and then we go to work. Grayson cuts some bamboo in the in the woods with a jagged piece of metal he found in the wrecks. I watch him for a little while before deciding to start doing something else.

"Hey, before I leave, is there any rainwater in the top of the bamboo?" I ask. "I'm so thirsty," I add with a laugh.

"Yes, come over here," he smiles.

I gladly come over and sip the sweet water out of the bamboo stick.

"Thank you!" I say as I walk off. "I'm going to find some things now for our 'house' now" I giggle.

"Okay, meet me at the twisted chunk of metal when you're done!" He jokes.

"Will do!"

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

I slowly walk over to the plane wreck to see if I can find anything for the shelter. I find some rope, a few candles from someone's suitcase, and four pillows from what is supposed to be the back fo the plane. Yes!

I walk back to see that Grayson fell asleep in the sand, making me able to plot the perfect surprise.

My plan was to build the shelter and then wake him up so that he could see it. It's making me so excited just thinking about it.

I get to work right away, using the bamboo Grayson cut in half already to make a base and "mattress" for the bed. It takes me a while to make, but I really want to surprise him with this.

When I finally finish, I decide I want to see what it's like. It is so comfortable laying on it, especially since the bamboo moves downward with your body weight but won't break if you lay on it.

I add some lily pads to the top to make it waterproof, and I also add a circle of stones and wood next to each side of the bed so we could each have our own personal fire.

I am pretty impressed by my work, so when I wanted Grayson up he's going to be so excited.

"Hey, Gray," I softly say, waking him up from his sleep.

"Yes-"

Before he can even finish what he's saying I put my hands over his eyes, laughing to myself. Grayson starts to try to remove my hands, but he doesn't succeed.

"What's going on?" He laughs, more awake now than thirty seconds ago.

"It's a surprise," I whisper like a kid, making us both grin.

I bring him over to the bed slowly, feeling like the land in between was so far since I was so excited. When we finally get there, I face him towards me and away from the bed, and I move my hands from his eyes to his chest.

He opens his eyes and immediately looks into mine. He glances towards my lips before cupping my face in his.

"What a good surprise," he smiles, as he leans in and caresses my lips with his.

My heart skips a beat when he does this and I just want to jump up and down. I deepen the kiss for a few seconds before pulling away.

"Sadly, that isn't the surprise," I state, using my hands on his chest to push him back into the bed.

He screams as he fell backwards, without knowing that there was going to be something under him. When he lands on the soft mattress of bamboo, he lets out a sigh of relief and looks at me with a "you could have just killed me" face.

I run away from him, laughing like a giddy 4 year old. Grayson immediately jumps up from the bed and sprints after me, catching me in a matter of seconds.

He brings me back to the bed and pulls me closer to him as he hugs me tightly. I hug him back, feeling the gentle pressure of his body against mine.

I go to bed with no bad thoughts in my mind, and wake up realizing that I had no nightmares.

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────