11. nightmares

3 days later
Grayson POV:
I wake up to a sound next to me. I look over and I see that Y/n is shaking.

"Y/n?" I ask worriedly. No response.

I get up and nervously walk to the other side of her to see if she is okay. When I see her face my heart breaks.

She's crying. Not only that, she's not even awake. Y/n's crying in pain while she's sleeping.

At least, that's what she's been telling me. I don't know if that's true.

She's paler than anyone I've ever seen, so I wake her up gently to give her some water.

"Y/n," I whisper quietly.

"Y/n, you need to wake up," I lightly tap her shoulder.

She wakes up and confusion immediately takes on her face.

"Where am I? What's going on? Who-" she starts to panic and then she looks at me.

"Grayson? Grays-" she doesn't even finish what she was saying before she hugs me and lets out a sigh of relief.

I calm her down and then let her fall back asleep. When she's finally asleep, I lay down and close my eyes, slowly letting myself rest.

Y/n POV:
Ever since the night of the crash I've been having huge nightmares. I keep telling Grayson its because of pain in my foot. I can tell he senses something but just goes along with it.

At this point I'm scared to fall asleep, because I know that whatever is waiting for me that night will come out in my dreams.

Every night is different. The first night,

Skip back to the night of the crash;

I look over the seat. The man aims the gun at Luna, and pulls the trigger. Grayson jumps in front of the gun before Luna gets hurt.

Grayson just jumped in front of a freaking gun.

I look over to see that Grayson is holding his arm in pain, motioning for us to go to the edge of the plane to jump out. I try to distract Luna as we walk.

"Hey guess what?" I whisper to her.

"What?" She replies.

"When we go into the ocean, you might be able to swim with seahorses too," I excitedly whisper.

"Really?" She asks.

"Oh, definitely!" I say. "And maybe even starfish and seals," I force a smile.

"No way!" She giggles.

"Yes way!" I reply. "Now let's wait for Grayson over here," I say, and she agrees.

Grayson comes back after a little while, walking over looking like he had no pain at all for Luna, when I knew he was on the verge of collapsing.

"I had to act like I died for a little while, but the man went to the front to shoot the pilot," he whispers. "I locked the door behind him so we're safe," he mumbles to me out of earshot if Luna.

"Ok, but we need to jump," I frown. "We need to do it now."

Luna jumps first. I see her flailing in the water. I start to panic as I realize she could drown if I don't help her. She forgot to blow up get life jacket.

I go second. I land near Luna and get her life jacket situated. We stay where we are and wait for Grayson to come down.

When Grayson comes down, he lands right near Luna and I. We started to swim back, Luna in my arms and Grayson swimming by himself.

Luna asks me to let her go for a second, so I do. She says she sees a seal, so I look over to where she's looking and immediately grab her and swim as fast as I can.

Before I can get anywhere, Luna is pulled over. The water turns red. I look over to Grayson who is struggling to stay above water due to his wound.

I try to tell him to swim as fast as he can or to grab on to me, I don't really know which. As I'm saying this, Grayson disappears. The water turns redder.

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

I wake up crying my eyes out. I look over and Grayson is asleep, making it look as if he's dead.

I sob as I try to wake him up, thinking that I lost him. I start to cry more as he doesn't wake up at first, but when he slowly opens his eyes I screamed his name.

"GRAYSON!" I cry out.

His eyes open right away and he sits up immediately.

"Y/n? What's wrong? Are you okay?" He looks at me with fear in his eyes.

"Grayson," I sigh in relief as I collapse into him. I feel his arms wrap around me.

"I thought I lost you," I sob.

"It's okay, I'm here no matter what."

──── ────