8. water

Y/n POV:
"We need to jump," Grayson whispers to me.

"Ok, but how are we going to get her to jump?" I ask, looking over at us so innocently.

"I'll work it out," he says.

"Hey, you never told me your name," I whisper gently to the girl.

"Its Luna!" she giggles.

"I like that name, Luna. I'm Y/n and this is Grayson," I explain as she nods.

"Do you want to hear the secrets now?" I ask as she looks at me full of excitement.

"Ooh, can I tell her? Pretty please?" Grayson pouts as I quietly laugh at him.

"Sure Gray," I giggle.

He tucks back a piece of her dirty blond hair before holding his hand to her ear to tell her the "secret."

"Mommy and Daddy went scuba diving for their field trip, so we're going to jump in and swim with them!" He says excitedly, with a fake smile plastered over his face.

"Yay!" Luna grins.

The plane starts to shake and turn left and right. The man is at the wheel now.

At least we don't have to worry about being shot.

Grayson hands Luna and I life jackets while he puts his on. I help Luna into hers and then slide mine on.

"Okay, are you ready Luna?" Grayson asks.

"Yeah! I want to swim with dolphins," she declares.

Dolphins won't be the only thing we're swimming with, sweetheart.

"Me too! Tell me how many you pet later, okay?" I ask her.

"Okay!" She answers.

We walk to the emergency exit and I lift the latch holding it in place. I lift the door, feeling a cold burst of fresh air as it rushed inside the plane.

The wind rustled at my hair as I said, "Hey Luna, why don't you jump first? We want you to get a head start on seeing those dolphins," I warmly smile.

I just don't want her to be in any more danger. We're pretty low now, maybe 20 feet above the ocean. I knew that if Luna didn't jump now, she would never jump at all.

"Alright! See you there!" She says excitedly.

"Look at my jump!" She yells wile she does a star jump in midair.

God, I hope she can swim.

The realization hit me.

Oh my God, She can't swim.

I collapse into Grayson's arms as I watch her struggling to stay up in the water. He hugs me tight.

The plane takes a sharp turn upwards as we fly higher, and then lower, and then higher again.
We're now about 50 feet off of the ground.

"Y/n, we need to jump now if we're going to save her," Grayson yells over the wind.

"I don't know if I can," I sob.

"I know you can," he reassures me. "Do it for me. Do it for Luna."

I have to. I jump without thinking about it and then I feel my body free falling.

The impact of the water hitting me knocks the wind out of me. I cant move. I cant breathe. I inch my arm to my life jacket. I pull the string.

It doesn't go off.

I sink deeper and deeper, unable to move my muscles. I get to the bottom and I feel a huge burst of pain, causing me to gain my energy back. I look down in the water to see my foot stuck in coral.

I'm trapped.

I panic as the water around me turns red from my blood. I struggle more and more to get out, which is causing the coral to cut into my foot deeper and deeper.

I'm going to drown.

I never got to say goodbye to Grayson.

I let the darkness consume me.

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────