36. back again

Y/n POV:
"Come on Y/n, just one more step!" Cameron's voice echoes through the physical therapy gym.

"You got this, girl!" Nicole adds.

I roll my eyes. "Oh come on, i feel like I'm third wheeling even when I'm in PT." Nicole just giggles and presses her lips to Cameron's. He immediately kisses back. I pretend to gag.

My new leg scrapes across the treadmill. The only thing I can feel is the scraping of the edge of it against my bone. It doesn't even matter to me, because I can finally walk.

At least that's what I say. I don't want people to think I'm weak.

"I feel like I would be happier about all of this love if I had someone to share it with." My smile drops. "I don't want to wait anymore. I want to see him. Now."

Nicole's expression saddens as she tries to find words to make me feel better about the time I have left. "Y/n, we know you want to see him, but what about the big surprise? You just have to wait one more week until you can do it. One more week of physical therapy, and then you can see him."

"This is torture." I groan.

"Life is torture." Says a voice from behind me.

My eyes widen as I look back at the boy behind me. My pulse quickens. I let out a breath.

"Jesus, Ethan, stop scaring me like that. I thought you were Grayson."

"Sorry, Y/n, but I come bearing news. And doughnuts. I think I'm above you now."

"First, no, second, give me one please." I reach my hand out.

Ethan laughs. "No. You were mean to me. You said that I'm not above you now."

"I can't walk over to you, E. Pretty please give me one." I fold my hands together and twist my face in the weirdest expression possible. He places a chocolate frosted doughnut in my hand while letting out a light chuckle. I lean against my treadmill as he hands other ones to Nicole and Cameron.

"So what's the big news?" I take a bite out of the freshly baked doughnut.

"Our meet and greet was scheduled for this Saturday, which is exactly a week from now. But, a lot of fans couldn't go because we can only have two hundred or so in the warehouse. We decided to keep the one on Saturday, but host a second one this Wednesday, which is exactly... four days away. That, my friend, is a chance to see Grayson earlier."

My lips curve into a smile. "Let's do it."

"Y/n. Is four days enough for your leg?" Cameron's voice is laced with concern.

I look to him and then think of Grayson, my heart fluttering.

"It better be."

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

"Y/n, this is Kate. I met her this morning at the doughnut shop. She looks almost exactly like you with a mask on, so she's the one that I think we should use for our big surprise."
Ethan's voice rings through the large ceiling of the warehouse.

"Hi, Kate, I'm Y/n." I give her a warm smile as I pull her in for a hug. I can feel her heart beating against my chest.

"Um... I.. hi! Sorry, I'm a huge fan."

"No problem at all! Thank you for being a fan. Eth, she sounds so much like me that it's insane."

"I know. This is perfect." His smile of excitement never falters as he looks over at Kate. "Okay, so here's what you're going to do..."