9. life

Grayson POV:
I watch Y/n jump after Luna as a tear slips out of my eye. She could have died without me knowing, for God's sake that was a fifty foot drop.

The plane takes a sharp dip downward as I hold on the the side of the door for support, I take a deep breath and then I jump.

The impact to the water didn't really bother me, mainly because I was so low. I quickly scan the water around me.

I need to save Luna first, she can't last much longer.

I see arms flailing in the distance. I swim as fast as I can to get to where she is, holding her out of the water as she catches her breath.

Luna looks at me with terrified eyes as I calm her down. I pull the string on her life jacket, causing it to blow up.

"Stay here, Luna. I'll be right back, I just need to find Y/n." I smiled.

"I'm scared," she says back.

"It's okay, I'll be right back," I let out a fake smile.

I swim towards where I saw Y/n jump when I see red in the water a few feet from me.

Y/n.

I dive into the water and swim downward with as much force as I can. I need to find her.

I see her small figure, motionless, stuck in a coral reef. Oh my God.

I swim faster than I ever have and struggle to get her foot out. I finally pull it out, covering the water in even more red than before.

I swim up the the surface and swim towards Luna.

There's red here too.

I look around and I see in the distance a bright yellow jacket.

There's no Luna in that jacket.

I look further to see a point sticking out of the water a couple dozen yards away from me.

Holy crap.

There's a shark.

I swim faster than I ever have to get to the land I see about 10 yards away from me. I feel the weight of Y/n on me and want to cry knowing she might not be alive right now.

I finally reach the island and immediately start doing CPR on Y/n.

I can't lose her.

"Come on, Y/n," I plead as I press down on her chest. I try to find her pulse.

There is none.

I become more and more worried that I lost her when I see her jerk up and lean over to throw up all of the water she had in her lungs.

Y/n didn't die.

I didn't lose her.

I sigh in relief and fall into my back, letting tears of joy slip out of my eyes.

"My.... my foot..." I hear her weakly whisper.

I look down to see her leg caked in blood and sand.

"Let's clean you up," I say as I pick her up bridal style and take her to the ocean. I don't go far because I'm still worried about the shark.

Y/n's face winces in pain as I grab a handful of sand and gently scrape the dried blood off of her foot. It was only a medium sized cut, but it was still one big enough to leave an area of her skin peeled off.

I gently get the rest of the blood off and then we hear an ear splitting crash as the plane crashes into a mountain next to us, turning it into a chunk of twisted metal.

A ton of things pour out of an open space in the remains of the plane. I go to check it out and I see that there's a bunch of useful resources there, like bottled water, pretzels, and bandages. Yes.

I quickly bring the bandages and two bottles of water over to where Y/n is. She thanks me as she takes a sip of her water. I, however, chug the whole thing.

As I wrap the bandage around her foot, a slow frown forms over her face.

"Does it hurt? Did I do it too tight?" I ask, worriedly.

"No, no it's just... where's Luna?" Y/n asks with sudden fear in her voice.

I look down as tears form into my eyes.

"She... she didn't..." I manage to stutter out before I break out into tears.

"Hey, hey it's okay, it's okay I'm here," she comforts me, running her fingers through my hair.

She looks at me and wipes my tears away with the pad of her thumb.

"She would have lived, Y/n. If.. If I had brought her with me she wouldn't have been killed by.. by the shark..." I break down again.

"Grayson I'm here for you, I promise, no matter what," she says.

Those words told me that I needed to protect Y/n's life, at all costs.

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────