epilogue

Two years later

Grayson POV:

iMessage
February 14, 2021
6:21 PM

Grayson
I miss you :(

Y/n
I miss you more... when
did you say your business
trip ended?

Grayson
Sooner than you think. I can't
go one more day without seeing
your gorgeous face.

Y/n
I wish I could just see
yours now.

Grayson
Open our front door.

I fumble with the small black box in my pocket as I think through what I'm going to say to her. I look through the window next to our door to see Y/n running down the stairs with a grin on her face. She jumps down the last two. Luca, the dog that's still as tiny as the day that I got him years ago, follows close behind. I laugh as I hear her yelling on her way to the door, 'no way, no way, no way.'

It's been a month since I've seen her.

She opens the door and sprints out to hug me. As always, she looks beautiful. Today, she's dressed nicer than how she usually is. A breathtaking floral dress is wrapped around her body and a pair of white sneakers hug her feet. Her hair is in a high ponytail, curled.

"Hey, angel." I surround her with my embrace.

A squeal of happiness escapes her lips. "You're back."

I grin. "I'm back. Guess what?"

She pulls away from the hug. "What?"

"The two of us will be going out to dinner at Westbrook tonight."

She laughs in disbelief. "Don't you have to get reservations like, months ahead?"

I look into her chocolate brown eyes and twirl a piece of her hair around my finger. "I've been planning this for months."

Y/n POV:
My heart skips a beat when he says that. Why would he be planning something for months? Especially even if it's just a dinner?

"Did you really get us a reservation at Westbrook?"

"Yes, I promise." A laugh escapes his lips.

"I love you!" I press my lips to his. He kisses back.

Not before long, I pull away. "What should I wear?"

"What you're wearing now." He looks me up and down. "You look perfect."

I grin. "You look perfect too, Mr. Suit and Tie." I play with the long black tie Grayson has on. He chuckles.

"Our reservation is in..." he checks his watch. "15 minutes. We have to go!"

"Oh my god, run!"

"Let me bring my suitcase inside. I'll be right back, I love you." He lightly kisses me on the cheek and sprints inside.

He runs back outside a moment later, grabbing my hand and running with me. I almost fall, but catch my balance and try to keep up with my fast-as-hell boyfriend.