25. goodbye

Grayson POV:
"Y/n. Grayson, you're not visiting her in Philly," Ethan looks away after saying it. I laugh.

"Funny joke, e. Come on in," I open the door wider and step back into the house, waiting for him to follow me. He doesn't.

"No, Gray, I'm serious. I'm not letting you travel just to see Y/n," he looks into my eyes, dead serious.

"Ethan, you know I'm visiting her where her you like it or not," I walk back to him, seeing if his expression will change. It doesn't.

"The last time you travelled, you literally ended up on an island for half a year and you got hurt," Ethan scoffs while he points to my chest, "How could you do that again?"

"The last time that I travelled, I met Y/n. I think I'm fine," I reply, "and it's not like that kind of thing is ever going to happen again," I turn, actually walking through the house.

"Come in if you want, but close the door," I say over my shoulder.

"I can shut down everything, Gray! You seeing her isn't going to happen!" Ethan screams as I walk further into the house.

"You know what, don't come in. Thanks," I walk back to the door and shut it in his face. I just can't deal with him right now.

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

"You seeing her isn't what?" I see Y/n's wheelchair moving up to me as I run my hands through my hair. When she gets over to me, I hug her, not saying anything.

I don't let that hug go for at least 5 minutes.

"Okay, what's going on?" She asks me as I look into her gorgeous brown eyes.

"It's Ethan. He's not letting me see you when you go," a tear rolls down my face. She quickly wipes it off.

"Hey, it's okay. Couldn't you just go anyway?" She looks at me, confused.

"No. Just going to New Jersey in the beginning was hard, and the whole Island thing made this situation worse," I answer, "I know that Ethan could shut down our bank account, delete my purchase whenever I buy plane tickets, but I don't know why he would do that to us. He knows how much I love you."

"It's okay, we'll find a way," Y/n whispers as she hugs me again, "I know it."

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

After Y/n goes into her room, I think of things I can do to see her. I decide to make an video of all the pictures, videos, funny moments, and everything that we have.

I blend all of our pictures together, putting them in order so that it tells a story from the plane to now.

I see all the smiles, laughs, tears.

At the end, I put every picture of us holding our hands on it. From a picture I got of us holding our hands on the plane, to a picture on the island from when I found a small camera, to the hospital, when Y/n was in a coma. Tears are streaming down my face as I continue to make it.

Words can't explain how much I'll miss her.

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

Y/n POV:
Words can't explain how much I'll miss him.

I pack my things slowly, carefully, making sure to leave some things behind so that Grayson can have them. I let the tears fall freely down my face, not wiping them off. Watching them fall on the floor. Tear after tear.