10. island

Y/n POV:
I have to hold back tears as I comfort Grayson. Finding out Luna died really hurt, even though we have just met her.

Grayson tried so hard to protect her.

He just collapsed in my arms, crying, when he told me. He could barely even get it out without breaking down.

I stroke his hair to calm him down as much as possible but then I realize something.

"Grayson, do you know where we are?" I ask.

"No," He widens his eyes in fear.

"Everybody is dead. Nobody knows where we are," I state.

"Nobody knows where we are!" I panic.

"Hey, it'll be alright. They'll probably find us by tomorrow," he reassures me.

"Okay, you're probably right," I reply.

Even though we're probably not going to be spending a lot of time here, we need to find food. I tell Grayson that we should start looking and he agrees.

We have the snacks from the plane but that doesn't really help anything. We need to save those for worst-case scenario situation.

I see that we're on a beach, with jungle behind us. It's almost like an island type of place. I decide to ask Grayson if we can look there for food.

We walk into the area of dense trees as we look around for any type of food. We continue going through the jungle, hearing all the sounds of animals, bugs, and other creatures.

God, I'm scared.

I don't even think that we're going to find food. We've been looking for hours now, and still haven't found anything.

Until I look over.

Yes!

When I look to my right, I see a huge river covering the ground just behind the bushes we were looking in. There must be so many fish there!

"Grayson!" I shout in amazement.

"Y/n? Are you ok?" He sprints to me from where he is looking, worried that I'm hurt.

"No, I'm fine. Grayson, there's a river here," I say excitedly.

"There's no way," he replies, with a shocked face.

I break through the bushes with the help of Grayson and we see all of the amazing water.

"We could probably boil this and purify it if we run out of our water," Grayson states.

"How do you know that?" I ask.

"I watch survival videos all day every day," he laughs.

Thank God for survival videos.

"Ok, we should probably get looking for food around here, because it's almost guaranteed that we find it," I tell him.

We look for food and before we know it, we have handfuls of berries from the bushes along the banks of the river.

We saw the fish, but we couldn't catch them. I think we can definitely find out how to later, but for now I'm glad that we just had a little bit of food, because I'm starving.

Why did I skip breakfast today?

We finally get back and we decide to stay near the plane, since it is probably the safest spot and because so many things were here.

I look over at Grayson and I feel so bad for him. I don't have many people for me at home, while he has his parents, his sister, and his twin brother.

Word about the crash has definitely spread. Imagine how scary it is to be Ethan in this situation. He probably thinks Grayson is dead!

I rest my head on his chest and he plays with my hair.

"Thank God I'm stuck with you and not someone else," I say.

"I'm glad that I'm stuck with you, too," he replies.

God, I hope someone finds us soon.

──── ────