15. twisted

2 days later

Y/n POV:
My mental health has definitely gotten better because of Grayson, and I'm in such a great place right now. I guess that's something that you would never expect me to say, considering I'm in one of the worst situations possible.

But it's how I feel.

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

I see the waves crashing against the shore, with dolphins jumping out of the water peacefully.

I hear the distant sound of birds chirping as they make their little conversations that no human could understand.

I feel the warm and gentle touch of Grayson's arms around me, engulfing me in a hug and his amazing scent.

The sun is warm on my skin, and the water is cool on my toes. The polish on them is chipping, but I don't mind.

All I care about is the world around me and Grayson next to me.

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

I open my eyes slowly, savoring the amazing dream for one more moment before I realize its not coming back, which is okay. I'm in a good mood today.

I roll over on the bamboo with a beaming smile on my face. Grayson looks at me shocked, because all he knows is me being either scared or sad in the morning because of nightmares.

These past few days, though, he has seen me happier than anyone has.

"What's up with you today?" He asks with a slight smirk on his face.

God, that gorgeous face.

"I had a good dream," I smile proudly. "A good one!"

"No way!" He screams as he gets off the bed and starts jumping up and down like a little girl, making me laugh. "I'm so happy for you!"

I run up next to him and stick my tongue out, laughing, as I jump next to him.

We continue to do this for a while and then we decide that we're too childish to do anything. Grayson goes to go get breakfast after that, leaving me all alone.

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

I take a little nap, snuggling up under the blankets that we have, and then I look through the twisted chunk of metal so I can see if I find anything.

I see a bunch of technology, which I know is broken by now, and then I see a big bag near the side of the plane that interests me. As I go over to open it, I start to get excited, like I'm about to be opening a present.

I unzip the bag and immediately scream in joy. There are gummy bears, chocolates, soda, and basically every sugary food you can imagine. Someone must have wanted to eat a lot of candy in this flight.

Grayson immediately runs over to where I am.

"Y/n! Are you okay?" He screams while scanning the land for me.

"I'm good, but you need to see this!" I exclaim, pointing at the bag even though I know he can't see it or me.

"He turns the corner to face me smiling, face stuffed full of gummy worms, as I try to make an understandable sentence with my mouth full of food.

"You don't need to talk, but how did you find these?" He smiles and laughs while he looks through all of the candy.

I finally swallow all of the food in my mouth.
"I saw the bag and then I wanted to see what was in it so I looked and saw all of this candy," I say in one breath, too excited to take a break from talking. "And I screamed because I was happy, you moron," I giggled.

"Oh, stop making fun of me," he laughs. "Sorry I was gone for so long, I found some eggs laying on the ground and I don't know how," he holds them up.

"Let's cook them!" I say, excited for some food that isn't sweet like fruit or the candy I just found.

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

Grayson cleans and sets up a rock on the beach while I get some wood to start a fire. We already have some stocked up near our bamboo bed so it isn't a hard job.

I grab four pieces of wood and walk back to where Grayson is. When he looks back at me, I pretend to stagger at the weight of the wood, making him smile while he tried to hold in a laugh. He turns around shaking his head with a smile on his face.

I put the wood down and place the rock on top of it while Grayson takes care of the fire, something that I can not and will not figure out.

"I'm going to go get some coconuts to drink, do you want any other fruit?" I ask.

"I'm okay, I actually brought two peaches here for us," he replies.

"Yes!" I pump my fist in the air out of delight while he laughs at me. Grayson knows that peaches are my favorite.

"I'll be right back," I say, kissing his cheek.

"Okay, see you soon," he grins while I walk away.

I take the route I take when I go by myself, because this is the longer route and I just go through the shortcut with Grayson. As I walk past the waterfall, I feel peaceful and calm.

The feeling of the moss on my feet turns to sand as I finally get to the fruit. I see the tree with the most coconuts, which also happens to be the tree closest to the forest. I can see Grayson and I's "camp" from the top of the tree.

I place my hands on the rough bark of the tree and climb up it slowly until I hit my head on one of the coconuts, showing me that I'm at the top of the tree.

I rub my head, laughing, as I try to get the coconut right above me. It won't come down so I reach with my hand that's on the tree to get it.

The coconut comes down with so much force from me pushing down that I go down too, and I can't catch myself on the tree. I continue to freefall and I even feel weightless for a moment.

That ends when I land on the ground and my vision turns white with pain.

I let out a squeal of agony as I look down to see that my ankle is twisted so that my foot completely faces to the right.

I look back up and then I as the pain continues to get worse and worse, I fall to the ground. Before I see all black, I see a figure over me, telling me that it will be okay.

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

Grayson POV:
I finally finish cooking the eggs and triumphantly smile to myself, knowing that I just cooked something for the first time in who knows how long.

I look over to see if Y/n is coming back yet, and I see her struggling to get a coconut off of the tree that we can see our camp from.

I continue to laugh and watch her try as hard as she can to get that coconut until I see the coconut come free and Y/n fall out of the tree.

That tree must be 20 feet high.
She's definitely getting hurt.

I immediately sprint over to where she is, hoping that I'm not too late. When I get over to where she is, I see her laying in the sand on her back. I can tell she's fading in and out of consciousness.

"Hey angel, everything's going to be fine," I say softly to Y/n as I pick her up gently and begin to bring her back to the camp. She completely passes out once I say that, so I rush to get her to a good spot.

When I get back to the camp, I quickly lay her down on the bed and give her a kiss on the forehead before I start looking to see where she got hurt.

I start at her head and work my way down until I see her left ankle, completely jagged and curved to the right.

Holy crap, that's twisted.

──── ────